• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega
Walker, Akanji, Dias, Laporte
Phillips, Gundogan
Mahrez, De Bruyne, Palmer
Alvarez

I think Rico has to play this one doesn’t he? If Laporte gets injured we’re in real trouble at LB - probably back to Bernardo playing there.

Walker needs to be brought back in from the cold too.

Ortega

Walker
Stones
Dias
Rico

Rodri
KDB
Gundogan

Mahrez
Haaland
Alvarez (?)

Ortega
Walker Dias, Akanji, Laporte
Rodri, Bernado, KDB
Mahrez, Alvarez, Haaland

We can make changes if we're comfortably ahead.
No more wholesale rotation at the business end of the season.
Respect the opponent.

McAtee and Doyle can't be played, right?
If that's the case, then they're not the same team. That said, it should never be forgotten that for the Sheffield United players, this is not just another football match. This is the biggest event in the club's history in decades. And for these players, they're playing on the biggest stage possible, probably for the only time. We've seen it before, with Wigan. A fairly ordinary team can play out of their skins.
It's simple: take them seriously, and we'll win, comfortably.
A decade, not decades! We were last at an FA cup semi in 2014, and a League cup semi in 2015. This will be our 5th FA cup semi since 1993, which isn’t bad for a club of our wayward form.
I’ll stop talking there as we have lost them all, plus two League cup semi finals and countless play off finals!
But you are right, it is a free hit. We are as good as promoted already, and on our day can be excellent (we can be terrible too but tend to win this season when we are at our worst), but no Blade in their right mind thinks we can win this.
Looking forward to it, hope it’s a good atmosphere and we keep it to below 5 goals. For me it’s great to be going to Wembley with my 15 year old to see our team for the first time, and he is buzzing to see the likes of Haaland in the flesh.

Rather Rico than Gomez, any day. Can he really play on that side? Have we seen it?
I thought Rico had recently but perhaps it was lined up that way and he played in the middle during the game. Seem to recall Walker started Right and Rico left but I may be going crazy.

I Accept we need to rest some but its a semi final. Get it won then rest. Erl will be desperate to play at Wembley.

My team would be
Ortega

Walker
Dias (subbed)
Laporte
Lewis

Phillips
Bernardo (subbed)
Gundo (subbed)

Mahrez
Foden
Alvarez

Bernie to help phillips through and top 4 to create. Should be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.