Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be surprised with only two changes from last night, Ortega and Laporte followed by 5 changes (2 and 3) early in 2nd half.

There'll be at least 5 changes, maybe more.

The likes of Alvarez, Walker, Laporte, Ortega, Mahrez, maybe Foden are guaranteed to start. Add to them Phillips, and one from Gomez, Rico and Palmer.

Pep will want to rest the midfielders, in particular Rodri, Kevin and Gundo. Bernie is extremely fit and may start in midfield alongside Phillips and Foden/Palmer. Midfield is bound to be a bit experimental anyway. Would be mad to risk injuries and fatigue against SU.

IF we aren't winning with 30 minutes to go, then Haaland, KDB and Grealish, maybe Rodri will be brought on. Better to use them from the bench against tired legs in the 2nd half.

Ortega

Walker
Akanji
Laporte
Lewis

Phillips
Gundo
Foden (#10)

Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer (can't see it but he should be fine against a Championship side)

Imo, the line-up will be very close to that.

Ortega

Lewis (surprised people put him at left-back, I thought he always looked way better on the right)
Akanji
Laporte
Gomez

Phillips
Gundo
Foden

Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer

Give Kyle 45mins to get him ready for Arsenal.
Perrone off the bench for Gundo when we are 2/3 up.

Last edited:
Anyone know when the team traveled back to Manchester, last night right after the match or Thursday morning?

As to Saturday I wouldn't have Kevin starting and hope he doesn't have to play at all, says himself it takes him longer to recover from a game these days and he cant do three games a week. Rodri should be saved to play v. Arsenal too. I'd love another F.A. Cup but I'd love another league title more, so I hope Pep makes 4 or 5 changes. Walker, Phillips, Alvarez to start and maybe Foden off the bench?

Listened it Kdb interview he is desperate to win the the fa cup again so can see him starting now..
Saturday is the perfect time to rest key players. We have had serious tough draws in all competitions this season, We have a Championship side in the Semi Final of the FA Cup in between Bayern Munich and Arsenal so we have to take advantage of it and rest players for Arsenal on Wednesday.

If we make 6/7 changes to the team that played last night it should still be more than good enough to beat Sheffield United.

I probably sound like an arrogant twat, But it's true.

ef8.jpg
Palmer DOES have great feet,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.