Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporte has now become vital for us. With no Ake for the Arsenal game, (looked like a hamstring), we need him committed and fit.

I think the team chosen will be very much a second string.Pep commented in his interview last night about how little time there was between the Bayern game and the semi final. He will be very conscious of injury prevention. I'd be surprised if many of yesterdays starters play against Sheffield. Maybe Akanji as he missed most of the Southampton game.

Sheffield themselves may want to rest key players ahead of West Brom they absolutely need promotion. though with four days between matches they may not.

Pep hinted at heavy rotation after the game so think we should be prepared for that. Can’t blame Pep with Arsenal match 3 days later. Phillips going to have to play and Dias, Rodri, KDB, Grealish and Haaland likely to get a rest.

Get the game won then make wholesale changes.
This team is hungry for trophies. Let’s keep the rhythm going. We’ve tried to tinker with 7 or 8 changes in the past and it doesn‘t always end well. Pep knows how too many changes destabilise the team, he alluded to it after the Leicester game. Don’t be surprised with only two changes from last night, Ortega and Laporte followed by 5 changes (2 and 3) early in 2nd half.

Get the game won then make wholesale changes.
This team is hungry for trophies. Let’s keep the rhythm going. We’ve tried to tinker with 7 or 8 changes in the past and it doesn‘t always end well. Pep knows how too many changes destabilise the team, he alluded to it after the Leicester game. Don’t be surprised with only two changes from last night, Ortega and Laporte followed by 5 changes (2 and 3) early in 2nd half.
He's been prepared to sacrifice strong teams in the semis of the FA cup before , he will again. This will be a heavily rotated team.

Ortega

Walker
Akanji
Laporte
Lewis

Phillips
Gundo
Foden (#10)

Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer (can't see it but he should be fine against a Championship side)

Ortega

Walker
Akanji
Laporte
Lewis

Phillips
Gundo
Foden (#10)

Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer (can't see it but he should be fine against a Championship side)
I think that's about as good as we can expect, but God forbid trying that in any Final v Brighton!

Second string to start first string on the bench and fingers crossed we don’t need them.

Want to win but if going out means we beat Arsenal I’d take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.