Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This match really proves our lack of squad depth. The media always drowns on about us having 2 starting XIs, etc. and here we can barely even rotate - there's just not enough players. I am sure Ortega, Phillips, Gomez, etc. will come in but we only have what, 17 or 18 senior outfield players? I think Chelsea have that many wingers

This match really proves our lack of squad depth. The media always drowns on about us having 2 starting XIs, etc. and here we can barely even rotate - there's just not enough players. I am sure Ortega, Phillips, Gomez, etc. will come in but we only have what, 17 or 18 senior outfield players? I think Chelsea have that many wingers

I understand that, but I don’t think you can have two top class players in every position, unless you heavily rotate. It never works. One always ends up wanting to leave because of lack of game time - Philips will probably be the next one

You're spot on, listened to our local BBC station last night Radio Sheffield, this blades fan rang in having a go at Pep complaining about tired players. The idiotic radio host then went on about City being able to field three teams of international players, what an utter lying prick

I understand that, but I don’t think you can have two top class players in every position, unless you heavily rotate. It never works. One always ends up wanting to leave because of lack of game time - Philips will probably be the next one
Oh yeah, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm not advocating for that, and I think a bloated squad brings it's own problems (see Chelsea). I do think there's a healthy middle ground between a squad that is too large, and where we are, which feels a bit thin.

I just counted and I think we have 20 senior outfield players...and that's including Perrone, Gomez, Palmer, Rico Lewis, and Phillips - all very young (except for Phillips who has barely played), and none of them have featured much or seem to have Pep's full confidence sans Rico's stint in the first team around the turn of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.