Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I expect a lot of rotation. We just played away versus the 2nd best team in the world (after us), and we have a title decider 3 days after. If our fringe players can't beat bloody Sheffield (no disrespect), they all need to pack their bags. We beat Burnley 6-0, and they are a better side. It's about time we find out what they are made of. There will be no more chances for them. If we are not winning at half-time, take them all off.

Allow plenty of time if going to Wembley, I’m predicting demonstrators being active over the weekend, as they’ve said their not targeting the London marathon, but not ruling out other events.

Whereas our squad depth is a bit of a myth . Our squad players would comfortably get into a SU team, as is demonstrated by two players who are there but not ready for our squad.
The idea that a current England international wouldn't start is clear nonsense.
Where they do have the advantage over our squad players is they have been playing together as a unit for a full season., whereas most of our squad players see little competitive football and less when playing together.
This will be the problem we have, not the quality of individuals.
I agree with this. It was evident when they came on against Leicester.

Ortega

Walker Akanji Laporte R. Lewis

Silva Phillips KDB

Mahrez Alvarez Foden

45 mins each for KDB & Gundogan. Foden needs minutes so maybe an hour or so, Rodri needs a rest Phillips will more than likely play.

Hope he doesn't go overboard and put Palmer, Gomes and Perrone in as well.

Come on City routine win, bit of rest then on to Arsenal :)

Ortega

Walker Akanji Laporte R. Lewis

Silva Phillips KDB

Mahrez Alvarez Foden

45 mins each for KDB & Gundogan. Foden needs minutes so maybe an hour or so, Rodri needs a rest Phillips will more than likely play.

Hope he doesn't go overboard and put Palmer, Gomes and Perrone in as well.

Come on City routine win, bit of rest then on to Arsenal :)
I'll go with that line up.

If Phillips cannot hold his own in that team of quality players, against the blades, then he needs to assess his future.
Tomorrow is a big day for him. If Pep doesn't start him that will tell us everything we need to know also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.