Sheffield United (N) - FA Cup SF - Sat 22nd April, 16:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a tricky choice between starting your best XI in the hope of taking some off early or including a few fringe players and having a strong bench.

I’d go somewhere between the two and hope the squad players who start gel together better than when they’ve come on late.

Keep running over potential line-ups in my head and can't work out what team is going to appear.

Ortega
Walker, Akanji, Dias, Laporte
Phillips, Gundogan
Bernardo
Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden

That's about the best I can come up with in terms of trying to balance out our various injuries, fitness issues, general squad deficiencies, etc.

Keep running over potential line-ups in my head and can't work out what team is going to appear.

Ortega
Walker, Akanji, Dias, Laporte
Phillips, Gundogan
Bernardo
Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden

That's about the best I can come up with in terms of trying to balance out our various injuries, fitness issues, general squad deficiencies, etc.
That looks pretty close to me. Maybe Lewis for Dias, put Laporte on the left of Akanji.

5th FAC Semi in a row, 6th in 7 years. Please no huge sacrifices like the last 3. Go strong, get well ahead, then make changes. The likes of Gomez and Phillips cannot start, they are shit.
Sheff U are missing two of their key players.
We cannot afford to risk Rodri so we have to go Gundo or Phillips in that role. Surely that's enough to beat a weakened Championship side.
No Gomez or Palmer I agree on unless we're 4 up with 15 mins left.

Phillips is not starting this game.
I see some posters including him on their preferred starting lineup.
Rodri will definitely start.
Then if we're comfortably ahead, Phillips can come in.
Burnley was 4 days after a home romp against Leipzig and immediately before the international break.
This is 3 days after a tiring away draw against Munich and just before a crucial match against Arsenal.
I can't see Phillips not starting myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.