Sheikh Khaled attempting to purchase Newcastle

Good local fan base. Not much global appeal in Newcastle. Suppose the same could have been said for city way back.

You had an average attendance of only 16k in 1991 as well when the ground held over 30k

I went in the late 80s and early 90s and no way was it was not as empty as you say .. the sjh stand was built in 1993 and completed in 1996. it then went to 36 thousand and was a sell out .

The fa might not allow him to buy Newcastle because he is half brother to our owner.

Is he not cousin?

Good luck to the Geordies - will be good to have an ally in England, to combat the racism we’ve received.

The fa might not allow him to buy Newcastle because he is half brother to our owner.

Plenty of sports and businesses where family own different clubs, unless our shikh was an investor cannot see how they can say it's a confict.

If I owned a club and my brother bought another I would want to beat him to piss him off and wind him up tbf

Think the ground only held about 20 . you can not, put that against the young supporters nowadays ,that were not even born then.
Nah I like Newcastle as a club and a city. Went to uni there but this myth that Newcastle always had 50k per week is rather annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.