sheikh mansour sends in his man

Can somebody explain to me please how familial names work with Arab names?

So, is Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei related to Khaldoon Mubarak, or Khalid Al Mazrouei, or none? What name would his friends actually call him, Mohammed or Mubarak?
So, our Sheik is called Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and is the half brother of the current President. So what is his connection to the next President, General Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan?

I get confused with Arabic names for some reason.

Anyway, this guy doesn't look like he is particularly close to our Sheik, and was Under Secretary to a guy who is presumed to be the next President of UAE, and is the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi (the General guy above). I don't really get this, I can't find any connection to our Sheik, and he only seems to answer to the big boss himself.

Oh actually, he was on the board of Al-Jazeera FC that is owned by Mansour, so maybe that's the connection. This guy is an engineer by trade, but now works as an 'efficiency administrator'. Long story short, he sits around all day telling the Government of Abu Dhabi where they are wasting money or can encourage better performance, etc. I imagine that he is coming over here to do much the same job at the club, to increase it's efficiency.

After seeing this, this appointment has me a little concerned. Maybe ADUG are thinking that owning a football club like ours is costing a little too much and they are sending this guy in to create a more balanced business. Mind you, the story of the press ringing the offices of ADUG Investment on the day of the takeover to get a quote, and being told that they don't really bother recording any purchases under £500m so they don't know what to say, sticks out to me that they aren't exactly going to be bothered about us financially.

Then again, he seems to be quite in with the really top chiefs in Abu Dhabi, so maybe it is just ADUG seeing City as something that is really raising their profile and they want a man there to oversee the business side of things. This guy is more important in terms of the strange hierarchy of power over there than Khaldoon. He is a personal friend and trusted advisor to the next leader of the country, let alone the Emirate.
On the other hand, Khaldoon could have asked them to send him in, as he seems to have travelled around many different ADUG companies and done the same job.

I'll be interested to see what the official press announcement says on this.

EDIT : Seriously, the power structure over there is just dense.

Ricster said:
Mourinho and Kenyon had a great relationship at Chelsea. It was Abramovich that didn't get on with Jose.

You sure about that, If Roman and Jose didnt get on, why did Roman gift Jose his old yacht? not bad to say they didnt get on ....

r.soleofsalford said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
I read somewhere that Khaldoun is stepping down at end of this season to concentrate on work in Abu Dhabi. This will more than likely be his replacement

great shame if khaldoon is going, he also seems a really nice bloke

Thats what they said about Mark Hughes ;)

Damocles said:
After seeing this, this appointment has me a little concerned. Maybe ADUG are thinking that owning a football club like ours is costing a little too much and they are sending this guy in to create a more balanced business. Mind you, the story of the press ringing the offices of ADUG Investment on the day of the takeover to get a quote, and being told that they don't really bother recording any purchases under £500m so they don't know what to say, sticks out to me that they aren't exactly going to be bothered about us financially.

Then again, he seems to be quite in with the really top chiefs in Abu Dhabi, so maybe it is just ADUG seeing City as something that is really raising their profile and they want a man there to oversee the business side of things. This guy is more important in terms of the strange hierarchy of power over there than Khaldoon. He is a personal friend and trusted advisor to the next leader of the country, let alone the Emirate.
On the other hand, Khaldoon could have asked them to send him in, as he seems to have travelled around many different ADUG companies and done the same job.

Khaldoon has more fingers in more pies than a fat lass in Greggs, If he is to go I would be thinking it is because he hasnt got enough time available to commit to City, or is this new guy coming in to share the load.
Also he is from a different background, therefore opening up the view from the boardrooms perspective, and with the rumoured development around the ground then there will be a need for extra bodies on board.
As for Cookie, Kenyon and anyone else who you care to mention in that role, in our set up they are merely middle management.

Big G said:
Ricster said:
Mourinho and Kenyon had a great relationship at Chelsea. It was Abramovich that didn't get on with Jose.

You sure about that, If Roman and Jose didnt get on, why did Roman gift Jose his old yacht? not bad to say they didnt get on ....

Not to mention a brand new Ferrari after Jose left as a thank you. Wish people didn't get on with me like that

As for the rest. Its all very nice, am sure he a top bloke and all that and I have every confidence in the way ADUG run things so not sure I care really who is running what.

Damocles said:

So, is Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei related to Khaldoon Mubarak, or Khalid Al Mazrouei, or none? What name would his friends actually call him, Mohammed or Mubarak?
So, our Sheik is called Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and is the half brother of the current President. So what is his connection to the next President, General Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan?

Anyway, this guy doesn't look like he is particularly close to our Sheik, and was Under Secretary to a guy who is presumed to be the next President of UAE, and is the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi (the General guy above). I don't really get this, I can't find any connection to our Sheik, and he only seems to answer to the big boss himself.

Oh actually, he was on the board of Al-Jazeera FC that is owned by Mansour, so maybe that's the connection. This guy is an engineer by trade, but now works as an 'efficiency administrator'. Long story short, he sits around all day telling the Government of Abu Dhabi where they are wasting money or can encourage better performance, etc. I imagine that he is coming over here to do much the same job at the club, to increase it's efficiency.

Firstly, Mohammed Mubarak Al-Mazrouei is not related to Khaldoon Al-Mubarak. The second name donates the person’s father, they usually put bin (son of) or woman (daughter of), i.e. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nayhan= Sheikh Mansour son of Zayed, but in many cases the bin/woman is just left out. Al-Mazrouei is a big family in Abu Dhabi so although Khaled Al-Mazrouei is a relative I am unsure about how close that relation is. The reason for the bin/woman is because they tend to have large families and tend to use a lot of the same names, therefore without it, it is impossible to determine who is who.

Secondly, Sheikh Mansour has 5 other FULL brothers, one being the Crown Prince General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan (CP). It is the CP who gives Sheikh Mansour his instructions and no deal will be done in Abu Dhabi without his approval (i.e. there is no way that Sheikh Mansour would have bought City without the nod from his big brother). The current President is Sheikh Mansour’s and the CP’s HALF brother (same father, different mother).

Thirdly, the power structure, is basically, the ruling family Al-Nahyan’s own every major enterprise in Abu Dhabi, therefore all big companies go straight to the top. Obviously, they cannot run all these companies themselves, therefore they have trusted advisers (who are Emirati nationals), Khaldoon Al-Mubarak and Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei being two such people. The big families such as, Al-Mazrouei, Al-Fahim, Al Suwaidi, Al Sayegh etc have known the Royal Family for decades if not longer and have a very close connection to them to this very day. The Ruling Family are also the government, the President runs with the country (UAE), the CP runs the emirate (in this case Abu Dhabi), and the other government positions are given to other members of the Royal Family (e.g. our very own Sheikh Mansour is Minsiter of Presidential Affairs)

Fourthly, the fact that Al-Mazrouei is an engineer by trade is irrelevant, Khaldoon Al-Mubarak started off as a sales-executive at the Abu Dhabi national Oil Company (ADNOC).

Fifthy, Khaldoon Al-Mubarak by virtue of his positions as CEO of Mubadala (one of the Sovereign Wealth Funds) and chairman of the Executive Affairs Authority reports directly to the CP. He is on the board of pretty much all the major companies in Abu Dhabi and is a very busy man.

Sixthly, as I have written before ADUG was just a special purpose vehicle created to buy City, we are not owned by a company/consortium but by ONE OWNER, Sheikh Mansour who used his private wealth to fund the purchase. Nobody knows how much money he or any of his other 18 brothers have (all the media reports are just guess work and in my humble opinion way off the mark).

Hope that helps.

hbruz80 - it did. Thanks.

I do recall that City was bought personally by Sheikh Mansour so I guess that would preclude interference from anyone else - unless of course it was going badly wrong. Which it ain't.

hbruz80 said:
Damocles said:

Firstly, Mohammed Mubarak Al-Mazrouei is not related to Khaldoon Al-Mubarak. The second name donates the person’s father, they usually put bin (son of) or woman (daughter of), i.e. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nayhan= Sheikh Mansour son of Zayed, but in many cases the bin/woman is just left out. Al-Mazrouei is a big family in Abu Dhabi so although Khaled Al-Mazrouei is a relative I am unsure about how close that relation is. The reason for the bin/woman is because they tend to have large families and tend to use a lot of the same names, therefore without it, it is impossible to determine who is who.

Secondly, Sheikh Mansour has 5 other FULL brothers, one being the Crown Prince General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan (CP). It is the CP who gives Sheikh Mansour his instructions and no deal will be done in Abu Dhabi without his approval (i.e. there is no way that Sheikh Mansour would have bought City without the nod from his big brother). The current President is Sheikh Mansour’s and the CP’s HALF brother (same father, different mother).

Thirdly, the power structure, is basically, the ruling family Al-Nahyan’s own every major enterprise in Abu Dhabi, therefore all big companies go straight to the top. Obviously, they cannot run all these companies themselves, therefore they have trusted advisers (who are Emirati nationals), Khaldoon Al-Mubarak and Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei being two such people. The big families such as, Al-Mazrouei, Al-Fahim, Al Suwaidi, Al Sayegh etc have known the Royal Family for decades if not longer and have a very close connection to them to this very day. The Ruling Family are also the government, the President runs with the country (UAE), the CP runs the emirate (in this case Abu Dhabi), and the other government positions are given to other members of the Royal Family (e.g. our very own Sheikh Mansour is Minsiter of Presidential Affairs)

Fourthly, the fact that Al-Mazrouei is an engineer by trade is irrelevant, Khaldoon Al-Mubarak started off as a sales-executive at the Abu Dhabi national Oil Company (ADNOC).

Fifthy, Khaldoon Al-Mubarak by virtue of his positions as CEO of Mubadala (one of the Sovereign Wealth Funds) and chairman of the Executive Affairs Authority reports directly to the CP. He is on the board of pretty much all the major companies in Abu Dhabi and is a very busy man.

Sixthly, as I have written before ADUG was just a special purpose vehicle created to buy City, we are not owned by a company/consortium but by ONE OWNER, Sheikh Mansour who used his private wealth to fund the purchase. Nobody knows how much money he or any of his other 18 brothers have (all the media reports are just guess work and in my humble opinion way off the mark).

Hope that helps.

Very interesting indeed

EDIT - just read again and I may have jumped the gun!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.