shhhhhh, shhhhhhh - it's oh so quiet...

Talk sport saying Collocini has asked to leave Newcastle - Must have been tapped up by someone - decent defender

onceabluealways said:
Talk sport saying Collocini has asked to leave Newcastle - Must have been tapped up by someone - decent defender

Nothing about being tapped up, his Dad said last week he wanted to go back to San Lorenzo.

Cityisland said:
Flipin eck! Come back tolmie! This is boring as fook. Let the haters hate.

Only this. Tolmie can come back, he can improve this situation, this is football, this is transfer forum, this can happen :-D

Let me be your Tolmie !!!

I promise you :

1 - a youtube link a day,
2 - bizarre location references covering every continent &
3 - a lack of precision or names that would make you think that we were signing from the FBI witness relocation first XI.

LNS '13 - Because transfer rumours are gonna be made up, they should be made up by someone who tells you the score.

lost_n_spaced said:

I promise you :

3 - a lack of precision or names that would make you think that we were signing from the FBI witness relocation first XI.

LNS '13 - Because transfer rumours are gonna be made up, they should be made up by someone who tells you the score.

I'll call you.

Seosa said:
onceabluealways said:

Nothing about being tapped up, his Dad said last week he wanted to go back to San Lorenzo.

Wants to go back to Argentina as his wife has moved back there. Rumour currently doing the rounds in Newcastle (i work there), is that he has got some teenager in the family way and that is why Mrs C has up and left him.

pennypennytannerbob said:
lost_n_spaced said:

I promise you :

I'll call you.

There are various roles available in my administration.

We are currently recruiting for :

Minister of Defence - Responsible for all rumours involving defenders
Minister of the Environment - Responsible for all locations
Chancellor - Responsible for attributing arbitrary fees to all rumours
Foreign Minister - Responsible for targeting random players from abroad
Education minister - Responsible for making up the general fantasy story / background
Employment minister - Responsible for making up the date by which the targets will be 'nailed on'
Home Secretary - Various household chores and secretarial duties.

All applications to jobs@lns13.co.uk.

onceabluealways said:

From the other thread:

From The Independent on Thursday:

Newcastle United have been rocked by the request of their captain, Fabricio Coloccini, to leave the club during the January transfer window. The 30-year-old told club officials today that he wanted to return home to Argentina.
His representatives flew to Tyneside for a meeting to tell the club that the player no longer felt he could stay and wished to leave before the end of the month.

That is a massive blow to manager Alan Pardew's attempts to steer Newcastle away from the Premier League relegation zone. The club have won twice in their last 16 games and head to Norwich tomorrow without a league victory away from St James' Park this season.

Coloccini is currently the best paid player at St James' Park, on a salary of around £3m per year. He has become a hugely dependable and popular performer at the club and his display in the Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland earlier in the season brought comparisons to Bobby Moore from Pardew.

However, Coloccini's form has dipped recently and his father, Osvaldo, has expressed a wish for his son to be allowed to return home for what his agent called "personal matters".

Newcastle must now decide whether to allow the £10m signing from Deportivo La Coruña in 2008 to leave during the transfer window. That may depend on whether they can find a replacement before the end of the month.

Coloccini signed a new four-year deal last year to stay at the club but the desire from the Argentina international now is to return home, possibly to join San Lorenzo, for whom he played for during the 2000-01 season and where his father is now employed.

Osvaldo has admitted his son is eager to move back to the club for whom he played on loan from Milan for a season. Newcastle may have to consider the possibility of loaning the central defender to San Lorenzo, with the Argentinean side unlikely to be able to pay a major fee for a player who made the Premier League team of the year last season.

Pardew had provisionally included Coloccini in his squad for Newcastle's game at Carrow Road. But San Lorenzo's president, Matias Lammens, appears hopeful of securing a swift solution, having admitted today they are interested in signing him.

"Coloccini to San Lorenzo is the plan A, B and C," Lammens said. "He represents much more than football – he played here six months and was champion, his father works at the club and is a fan. The deadline is next week but we cannot do anything crazy with the budget."

After starting his professional career at Boca Juniors, Coloccini left the Buenos Aires giants for Milan in 1999. Although he remained on the books of the Italian club for five years, he spent almost the entire time out on loan in Argentina and Spain.

Coloccini joined Newcastle in 2008 for £10.3m, with Pardew making him captain at the start of last season. But he has spoken of the difficulty his wife and family had in settling in England when he arrived four and a half years ago.

He said: "I came (to England) with my wife and my children. It was difficult for me but more difficult for my wife. She was at home, she didn't have friends. She is one of the people who made a lot of things for me and sometimes I think, when I play well or I give 100 per cent on the pitch, it is because I am well at home."

Having lost the major attacking threat of the team, to then bid farewell to their defensive lynch pin within a week could be a possibly fatal blow to our survival bid.

If true, this has some painful echoes of the departure of Shay Given in January 2009, which contributed to our relegation that season. Walking out mid-season when things are going badly would be a hard pill to swallow.

Football lore has it that teams prosper when they have a solid spine - if Coloccini follows Ba out of Gallowgate though, then ours will resemble more of an amoeba - and that's not a spelling mistake....

Make no mistake if Colo leaves we are in REAL danger of going down. Not just the centre half we will miss he is our captain our leader what sort of message will him leaving send to the rest of the players. Losing Ba was bad enough this will push us over the edge imho.

Rumour mill is in full swing now this morning I have heard the following*:

BBC Radio Newcastle report rumours he has asked to leave are UNTRUE and will lead the team out tomorrow at Norwich.

Colo has been playing away and his Wife wants to move away from the problem.

His Wife and kids went back to Argentina a Month ago and he wants to go back to be with them.

He was spotted last night in Hana Hana (Japanese restaurant in Toon) with his wife and kids, smiling, signing autographs, posing for pictures and saying he loves it here and is going nowhere.

*all wildly contradictory rumours not my own just posted to show the level of panic and confusion happening at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.