Ship of fools

johnny crossan said:
tonea2003 said:
Matty said:
Still not had that ONE fact that proves God exists to me from Crossan, surprising that.

nor me and i think we all know why

A fact? A single solitary fact? What kind of God would provide you with the incontrovertible proof you seek? No belief problems then .... but no salvation either. Come on boys, grow up.

Why wouldn't a God let his presence be known?

ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:
tonea2003 said:
Matty said:
Still not had that ONE fact that proves God exists to me from Crossan, surprising that.

A fact? A single solitary fact? What kind of God would provide you with the incontrovertible proof you seek? No belief problems then .... but no salvation either. Come on boys, grow up.

God hides in order not to be found where humans want to find God. But God also hides in order to be found where God wills to be found

johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:
That was a fantastic, well argued, evidenced post Nijinsky, I doff my cap to you sir.
Ah that Calgary moment again. So many lumberjacks in awe.
Why don't you just fuck off as you still have not had the decency to work out the affront you afforded me earlier in this post you weak willed, duplicitous, lame brained dick head.
Stop having a pop at others when you can't substantiate the shit that you write on here about posters.
I am not in awe of anyone or thing, and certainly not the fairy tale king you follow. Go find yourself another alter boy and enjoy.

ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:
tonea2003 said:
Matty said:

Because we stupid humans wouldn't beleive it ! We would have to create a reason for the whatever prove of presence means to justify it it in our small, fallible irrational brains.
And then when something wasn't quite right we turn against the entity and castigate im but others wouldn't so we would argue, create divisions and sub divisions and kill each other- hey guess what !

political-pictures-pope-benedict-xvi-faith-bulletproof.jpg

tueartsboots said:
ElanJo said:
Because we stupid humans wouldn't beleive it ! We would have to create a reason for the whatever prove of presence means to justify it it in our small, fallible irrational brains.
And then when something wasn't quite right we turn against the entity and castigate im but others wouldn't so we would argue, create divisions and sub divisions and kill each other- hey guess what !

Good point, well made.

johnny crossan said:
tueartsboots said:
ElanJo said:

Good point, well made.
Johnny, I am not agreeing with you. My point is that RELIGION has spoilt any chance God has been able to show his existence. Organised religion is the bane humanity and should be abolished. However, if it was, underground would religions go. This good is not as life still taken it would be. (Last bit written by my Jedi side-legally classed as a religion-think on)

johnny crossan said:
ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:
tonea2003 said:

God hides in order not to be found where humans want to find God. But God also hides in order to be found where God wills to be found

That is your belief based on scripture.

I'm talking about the general view of a God. Forget all the religious doctrine from the thousands of Gods throughout mankind's history. What is so inherent in the idea of a God that he/she/it would have to be what our religions tell us he is today? (invisible, no evidence could ever be found because that would make him a poor God etc etc)

There is nothing.

For example, a God could quite easily be a kind of supernatural spirit being that lived amongst us that performed moral judgment and teaching in real-time and in person to help us all grow.

tueartsboots said:
johnny crossan said:
tueartsboots said:
ElanJo said:

Good point, well made.
Johnny, I am not agreeing with you. My point is that RELIGION has spoilt any chance God has been able to show his existence. Organised religion is the bane humanity and should be abolished. However, if it was, underground would religions go. This good is not as life still taken it would be. (Last bit written by my Jedi side-legally classed as a religion-think on)

Sorry about that, another clarkie moment I'm afraid. Apologise for any embarassment caused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.