Ship of fools

i posted something really witty and funny on this thread but no-one noticed.

ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:
ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:
God hides in order not to be found where humans want to find God. But God also hides in order to be found where God wills to be found

That is your belief based on scripture.

I'm talking about the general view of a God. Forget all the religious doctrine from the thousands of Gods throughout mankind's history. What is so inherent in the idea of a God that he/she/it would have to be what our religions tell us he is today? (invisible, no evidence could ever be found because that would make him a poor God etc etc)

There is nothing.

For example, a God could quite easily be a kind of supernatural spirit being that lived amongst us that performed moral judgment and teaching in real-time and in person to help us all grow.

Like Jesus possibly? Look Elanjo, I need to log off now but I'll come back to this point if I may.

Did you die?

Just a little, each time I see Stanley's insightful efforts. Keep posting eh Stanley?

To be frank I think the exchanges with the virulent and thick are getting in the way of the interesting stuff on this thread.

Anyway forgive me Elanjo, I have been distracted from the important business of trying to save your immortal soul by transient transfer excitements.

By the way, I notice you haven't called me a moron for a while. Truly I'm grateful for your more measured recent contributions but I worry they may be tactical and merely a precursor to another crushing attack.

On the subject of why God is hidden, and there are some who say He isn't, I'm with St Matthew:

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

johnny crossan said:
ElanJo said:
Did you die?

Just a little, each time I see Stanley's insightful efforts. Keep posting eh Stanley?

To be frank I think the exchanges with the virulent and thick are getting in the way of the interesting stuff on this thread.

Anyway forgive me Elanjo, I have been distracted from the important business of trying to save your immortal soul by transient transfer excitements.

By the way, I notice you haven't called me a moron for a while. Truly I'm grateful for your more measured recent contributions but I worry they may be tactical and merely a precursor to another crushing attack.

On the subject of why God is hidden, and there are some who say He isn't, I'm with St Matthew:

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Oh want a surprise, another quote.

Matty said:
Still not had that ONE fact that proves God exists to me from Crossan, surprising that.

Don't be an idiot Matty. If god doesn't exist, who is looking after Princess Di, Jade, Michael Jackson and the baby Jesus ?

Cheesy said:
Where did God come from?

Heavenland

stony said:
Matty said:
Still not had that ONE fact that proves God exists to me from Crossan, surprising that.

Don't be an idiot Matty. If god doesn't exist, who is looking after Princess Di, Jade, Michael Jackson and the baby Jesus ?

Elvis, in the spaceship, on planet Gwaxon. Well, that's equally as believeable.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.