Ship of fools

Stanley said:
jesus-sigh1.jpg

thumb_jacklaugh.gif

johnny crossan said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
It can't be that bad of a thread. If anything, Jonny's lack of substance and shite quotes have only reinforced what I originally thought. Chhhheeeeeeeeerrrrss Jonnnnnnnny!

it's Johnny
shit I thought you were coming through my door with an axe for a minute

ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:
ElanJo said:
Did you die?

Just a little, each time I see Stanley's insightful efforts. Keep posting eh Stanley?

To be frank I think the exchanges with the virulent and thick are getting in the way of the interesting stuff on this thread.

Anyway forgive me ElanJo, I have been distracted from the important business of trying to save your immortal soul by transient transfer excitements.

By the way, I notice you haven't called me a moron for a while. Truly I'm grateful for your more measured recent contributions but I worry they may be tactical and merely a precursor to another crushing attack.

On the subject of why God is hidden, and there are some who say He isn't, I'm with St Matthew:

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

You seem to have completely ignored what I wrote.

As for insults, I can't be expected to remember every conversation you and I have had but I do not believe I have ever just jumped on you, calling you a moron or a fool etc, without atleast giving my reasons. You, however, have attacked me and others, without a hint of an explanation, plenty of times. I welcome people calling me names , I'm not a baby, but on one condition - there's some explanation/reasoning behind them.
Overall I think I have been extremely measured with you. The only times I have lost my cool is when you refuse to answer questions, skirt issues and/or incessantly quote others. If you won't have an honest debate with someone who differs from you then really you shouldn't be making threads such as this one or "Elanjo's blue heaven" etc.

Right again ElanJo, you've got me spot on

johnnycrossan2.jpg

i8therags said:
johnny crossan said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
It can't be that bad of a thread. If anything, Jonny's lack of substance and shite quotes have only reinforced what I originally thought. Chhhheeeeeeeeerrrrss Jonnnnnnnny!

it's Johnny
shit I thought you were coming through my door with an axe for a minute
I'm glad someone spotted it. Well done.

johnny crossan said:
ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:
ElanJo said:
Did you die?

Just a little, each time I see Stanley's insightful efforts. Keep posting eh Stanley?

To be frank I think the exchanges with the virulent and thick are getting in the way of the interesting stuff on this thread.

Anyway forgive me ElanJo, I have been distracted from the important business of trying to save your immortal soul by transient transfer excitements.

By the way, I notice you haven't called me a moron for a while. Truly I'm grateful for your more measured recent contributions but I worry they may be tactical and merely a precursor to another crushing attack.

On the subject of why God is hidden, and there are some who say He isn't, I'm with St Matthew:

The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

As for insults, I can't be expected to remember every conversation you and I have had but I do not believe I have ever just jumped on you, calling you a moron or a fool etc, without atleast giving my reasons. You, however, have attacked me and others, without a hint of an explanation, plenty of times. I welcome people calling me names , I'm not a baby, but on one condition - there's some explanation/reasoning behind them.
Overall I think I have been extremely measured with you. The only times I have lost my cool is when you refuse to answer questions, skirt issues and/or incessantly quote others. If you won't have an honest debate with someone who differs from you then really you shouldn't be making threads such as this one or "Elanjo's blue heaven" etc.

johnnycrossan2.jpg

So is that it from you (another Christian quote) regarding my objection to your idea of what a god can or cannot be?

johnny crossan said:
What kind of God would provide you with the incontrovertible proof you seek? No belief problems then .... but no salvation either. Come on boys, grow up.

ElanJo said:
johnny crossan said:

ElanJo said:

johnnycrossan2.jpg

ElanJo said:
So is that it from you (another Christian quote) regarding my objection to your idea of what a god can or cannot be?

johnny crossan said:
What kind of God would provide you with the incontrovertible proof you seek? No belief problems then .... but no salvation either. Come on boys, grow up.

I'm afraid so. No fun I know but after all this is a very unsurprising conclusion (in a very surprising framework.)

OK, well in that case, you may aswell had stayed with your transient transfer excitements then since you just ignore what you cannot answer.

I knew you would evade the issue anyway so, you're correct, it's not an unsurprising conclusion at all.

SambaBoys said:
Is this still going on?????? Bloody hell!!!!

If that comment is meant to be about theological debate,then yes,I guess it is still "going on",and probably will do for the next 2000 odd years or until such a day that people no longer believe in infantile fairy stories,or put their misplaced faith in paedophile priests,or Popes who were members of the SS.
Until then,pointless wars will continue to send innocent folk to an early grave as fools like Crossan compete with each other as to who has the best imaginary friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.