Ship of fools

johnny crossan said:
Matty said:
..As for my point, well, if you'd read my contributions as you claim it would be fairly obvious.

1 - There is no God, he's a creation of man made to address issues they couldn't understand 1000's of years ago, to subjugate the masses and maintain the status quo for the wealthy.

2 - You have never, at any point, made a competant, articulate or even vaguely interesting argument to support your opinion that God exists. No proof and no supporting material besides a 2000 year old book (which advocates the suppression and murder of various people who differ from the majority) and waffly crap about 'feelings' and 'language'.

In short, you've started a thread attacking those who refuse to believe in your mythical deity, yet have repeatedly failed to back up your standpoint with anything other than empty rhetoric.

Is THAT claer enough for you? Care to argue against that? Or can we just expect you to either ignore this as you've no way of actually refuting any of it or post a banal quote apertaining to nothing?

OK, I think I understand - no Bible references, feelings and language are out together with empty rhetoric - let me see now - how about

godelproof.jpg

oh what a prick.

Well we have tried, I think that most of the people that you seem to villify <sp> have been the most charitable, bridges have been built, but you seem to feel the need to burn them.

I for one am beaten, I think that it impossible for you to see. Have a nice life, have a nice afterlife, Ta Da.

See ya wouldn't want to be ya.

This is what Mr Crossan posted 2 weeks ago when I said enough was enough, and that this was a football forum, Quote:

No friend, I'm not a man of the cloth, nor even a Catholic! I also may well be wrong about the whole religion business. Anyway that was my last post on this thread, you're right I should stick to footy on here from now on.

C'mon City

Johnny

on and on and on and on. FFS. Turn it in Johnny!!! Who gives a fuck about religion now???

paphos-mcfc said:
This is what Mr Crossan posted 2 weeks ago when I said enough was enough, and that this was a football forum, Quote:

No friend, I'm not a man of the cloth, nor even a Catholic! I also may well be wrong about the whole religion business. Anyway that was my last post on this thread, you're right I should stick to footy on here from now on.

C'mon City

Johnny

on and on and on and on. FFS. Turn it in Johnny!!! Who gives a fuck about religion now???

For the record this wasn’t a post, it was a pm. I did think June 24 was my last contibution to this thread and was wrong. I may also be wrong about any or all parts of the subject. I just don’t think I am. Sorry I'm such a disappointment to you Paphos, but you can be assured the feeling is reciprocated.

johnny crossan said:
Matty said:
..As for my point, well, if you'd read my contributions as you claim it would be fairly obvious.

1 - There is no God, he's a creation of man made to address issues they couldn't understand 1000's of years ago, to subjugate the masses and maintain the status quo for the wealthy.

2 - You have never, at any point, made a competant, articulate or even vaguely interesting argument to support your opinion that God exists. No proof and no supporting material besides a 2000 year old book (which advocates the suppression and murder of various people who differ from the majority) and waffly crap about 'feelings' and 'language'.

In short, you've started a thread attacking those who refuse to believe in your mythical deity, yet have repeatedly failed to back up your standpoint with anything other than empty rhetoric.

Is THAT claer enough for you? Care to argue against that? Or can we just expect you to either ignore this as you've no way of actually refuting any of it or post a banal quote apertaining to nothing?

OK, I think I understand - no Bible references, feelings and language are out together with empty rhetoric - let me see now - how about

godelproof.jpg

Ah, I see you went with a banal quote apertaining to nothing.

If you've absolutely nothing to back up your position then how about you just stop posting it?

can't believe he's still at it.

Me, and almost everybody else on this thread, couldn't give a shit about your imaginary friend. Believe what you want JC (coincidence?) but save the bible bashing for the gullible souls at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ispendmywholelifebeleivinginafairytaleonlytobeletdownintheend.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.ispendmywholelifebeleivinginafairyt ... theend.com</a>

stonerblue said:
can't believe he's still at it.

Me, and almost everybody else on this thread, couldn't give a shit about your imaginary friend. Believe what you want JC (coincidence?) but save the bible bashing for the gullible souls at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ispendmywholelifebeleivinginafairytaleonlytobeletdownintheend.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ispendmywholelifebeleivingin ... theend.com</a>

I think at heart you are what they call an Apatheist. <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheist</a>

Perhaps you should recall that, though I started this thread, it was a response to an earlier debate about Dawkins' version of Darwinism not initiated by me. I'm not surprised that the overwhelming majority of contributors are hostile to my position but if it gives even one of you a moment's pause to reflect on the arid consequences of your unbelief, then it is worthwhile IMO. I'd rather be Billy-no-mates than fall in with this empty, godless society.

Matty said:
johnny crossan said:

godelproof.jpg

Ah, I see you went with a banal quote apertaining to nothing.

If you've absolutely nothing to back up your position then how about you just stop posting it?

Actually I took some trouble to find a form of theistic argument that exactly met your criteria. It is ironic that you do not recognise it, given your reverence for all things scientific.
I hope you may find its source and context an interesting subject at sometime in the future. <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_ontological_proof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del ... ical_proof</a>

Swales lives said:
Add me to the ship's crew. After 16 years of going to mass and a full catholic education - Atheism makes complete sense to me, being force-fed myths and fairy tales with the threat of eternal damnation as a conclusion to a sinful life, just smacks of bullshit.

This in spades for me .. the 'lucky' recipient of a Benedictine 'education'...(subtitle: Rum Sodomy and the Lash).

Mad dogs ad Englishmen. Ship of Bollocks! For those who believe they're going to heaven, good for you! For those who believe they'e going to hell, great! for those who believe in nothing after death, brilliant!! best to keep it to yourself IMO.

It's a footy forum and off topic should be off top[ic and not include religion!! Mods please create a Religion topic for the MCFC weirdos that post on here!!! PS please title it "Ship Of Knobs!"

johnny crossan said:
paphos-mcfc said:

C'mon City

Johnny

For the record this wasn’t a post, it was a pm. I did think June 24 was my last contibution to this thread and was wrong. I may also be wrong about any or all parts of the subject. I just don’t think I am. Sorry I'm such a disappointment to you Paphos, but you can be assured the feeling is reciprocated.

How can you be wrong if you BELIEVE??? Blind faith methinks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.