Ship of fools

Brucie Bonus said:
If I post something nice and friendly, I'm told I write in an inherently ambiguous / ironic manner: If I intentionally post something simply horrible and mean (as I did yesterday), the same, so I'll be straight.

I respect those who know their own worth, have more answers than questions, and do not permit the limits inherent in their methodologies to obstruct their reaching for, and judging, phenomena that ipso facto stand outside same. It takes tremendous confidence to live like that. If I had greater confidence I wouldn't be haunted by not knowing what I don't know, and would press on regardless. If I were other than I am (which I am certainly not), I would probably smile knowingly everytime I claimed "there are no absolutes" (except that one, of course).

I've actually got a copy of Sebastian Brant's Ship of Fools, published by Dover, the Zeydel translation. It's worth a read if you can get a copy. Perhaps you'll find yourself one of the crew; or perhaps not, as the fancy takes you.

I like you BB. An intelligent voice amid the vulgar mob.

Did you go into politics when you left footie? You have still not answered my specific question to my post. I am not interested in your arguments with others on this thread, I would like to know to see you evidence for me, repeat me.

squirtyflower said:
Did you go into politics when you left footie? You have still not answered my specific question to my post. I am not interested in your arguments with others on this thread, I would like to know to see you evidence for me, repeat me.
This is getting tedious. Please see my contributions to the "Did Darwin Kill God? thread for evidence of why I think you are wrong.

Yes it is tedious arguing with someone who thinks you are wrong, just because you are. You have provided no evidence to back up your claims of my thoughts or actions. But then again I never expected you to as there are none. Instead you tell me to read your dreary negative opinions regarding enlightened individuals.
Like many of your ilk you do not allow others to have either freedom of expression or freedom of thought. Just because I have different ideas or opinions to your self does make me neither wrong or right, it makes me different. But then again your delusion cannot allow difference. By all means live in the dark ages, just don't think you can drag me there.
I would suggest to you that you do not make accusations regarding me you cannot back up, but what is the point, you are not listening and never will.

squirtyflower said:
Yes it is tedious arguing with someone who thinks you are wrong, just because you are. You have provided no evidence to back up your claims of my thoughts or actions. But then again I never expected you to as there are none. Instead you tell me to read your dreary negative opinions regarding enlightened individuals.
Like many of your ilk you do not allow others to have either freedom of expression or freedom of thought. Just because I have different ideas or opinions to your self does make me neither wrong or right, it makes me different. But then again your delusion cannot allow difference. By all means live in the dark ages, just don't think you can drag me there.
I would suggest to you that you do not make accusations regarding me you cannot back up, but what is the point, you are not listening and never will.

You ask why I regard you as a fool. The simple answer is that you chose to endorse Dawkins. I'm sure you have many God-given attributes but I can only take account of what you write.

I asked nothing of the sort. Do you actually bother to read the posts before you answer? It brings me back to my original premise, that you must be a politician. You answer the question you wanted to be asked, not the one that was asked. And again I ask for the evidence of my virulence/unreasoning.
But I'm not surprised that you consider any one who thinks differently to you to be a fool. It must be so gratifying to know you are always right.
So you really are a bigot?

squirtyflower said:
I asked nothing of the sort. Do you actually bother to read the posts before you answer? It brings me back to my original premise, that you must be a politician. You answer the question you wanted to be asked, not the one that was asked. And again I ask for the evidence of my virulence/unreasoning.
But I'm not surprised that you consider any one who thinks differently to you to be a fool. It must be so gratifying to know you are always right.

correct

johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:

i'm a fool

johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:
So you really are a bigot?

correct

cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.