Ship of fools

johnny crossan said:
Matty said:
johnny crossan said:
Here is the crew of a vessel which boasts some of the most virulent & unreasoning atheists on Bluemoon. Anybody I've left out - please accept my apologies and sign yourself on board.

ElanJo (Captain)
Squirtyflower
Stony
black mamba
Blue4ever85
bun shop blue
Stanley
paphos-mcfc
i8therags
mancitygaz
nijinsky’s fetlocks

I'm not sure I'd use the words virulent and unreasoning to describe me but 'atheist' would be pretty accurate. I'd be interested to hear your 'reasoned' argument FOR the existance of God though.

I did say "some". If you say so, I'm sure your good self together with Joycee Banercheck and many more unbelievers are exemplars in terms of courage, virtue, tolerance, honesty and intellectual rigour. It just seems odd that you express your views the way you do and also complain about me using the memetic terminology created by the appalling Dawkins & his ilk.

If you want a reasoned argument opposing atheology try Plantinga: God, Freedom & Evil or Swinburne: Is There A God?

All 'reasoned' arguments regarding the existance of God lose me when the "a magic man did it" line is used. I'm also not particularly enamoured with the "I don't have to have any proof, it's called having faith" argument comes to the fore. That's basically a cop out, if there's no way to prove something, or if the arguments against it become too strong suddenly it's a matter of faith and that, apparently, wins the argument. This isn't top trumps, there isn't some all powerful card you can play that guarentees victory. The faith position is simply a fall back when all common sense and logic would indicate you are very, very wrong.

Oh shit!!! can I change my mind????

sniperjesusru1.png

Dear johhnycrossan, liked you as a player and captain, not as a poster.

I would gladly join this ship of fools rather than spend eternity with your self-righteousness. However I would like you to answer two points for me, although I don't expect you will. Please provide evidence from my postings of my;
a) virulence
or
b) unreasoning.

squirtyflower said:

I would gladly join this ship of fools rather than spend eternity your self-righteousness. However I would like you to answer two points for me, although I don't expect you will. Please provide evidence from my postings of my;
a) virulence
or
b) unreasoning.

squirtyflower said:
Have a read of 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins, it may well focus your mind on what religion is doing to our societies.

Enough said eh?.

shadygiz said:
i'll gladly jump on board with this one

hate religion and all it causes

Budge over Shady, im right in there with you.
No real problem with anyone who gets comfort out of religion, but its blind faith.
The reality of religion is destrutive to the very core.

johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:

I would gladly join this ship of fools rather than spend eternity your self-righteousness. However I would like you to answer two points for me, although I don't expect you will. Please provide evidence from my postings of my;
a) virulence
or
b) unreasoning.

squirtyflower said:
Have a read of 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins, it may well focus your mind on what religion is doing to our societies.

Enough said eh?.
Not nearly enough said. I don't see how can you can pass your judgement based on that single sentence. I shall repeat it for you, how specifically is that sentence virulent and unreasoning?

Matty said:
johnny crossan said:
Matty said:
johnny crossan said:
Here is the crew of a vessel which boasts some of the most virulent & unreasoning atheists on Bluemoon. Anybody I've left out - please accept my apologies and sign yourself on board.

ElanJo (Captain)
Squirtyflower
Stony
black mamba
Blue4ever85
bun shop blue
Stanley
paphos-mcfc
i8therags
mancitygaz
nijinsky’s fetlocks

I'm not sure I'd use the words virulent and unreasoning to describe me but 'atheist' would be pretty accurate. I'd be interested to hear your 'reasoned' argument FOR the existance of God though.

I did say "some". If you say so, I'm sure your good self together with Joycee Banercheck and many more unbelievers are exemplars in terms of courage, virtue, tolerance, honesty and intellectual rigour. It just seems odd that you express your views the way you do and also complain about me using the memetic terminology created by the appalling Dawkins & his ilk.

If you want a reasoned argument opposing atheology try Plantinga: God, Freedom & Evil or Swinburne: Is There A God?

All 'reasoned' arguments regarding the existance of God lose me when the "a magic man did it" line is used. I'm also not particularly enamoured with the "I don't have to have any proof, it's called having faith" argument comes to the fore. That's basically a cop out, if there's no way to prove something, or if the arguments against it become too strong suddenly it's a matter of faith and that, apparently, wins the argument. This isn't top trumps, there isn't some all powerful card you can play that guarentees victory. The faith position is simply a fall back when all common sense and logic would indicate you are very, very wrong.

Your epistemology is very weak I'm afraid. Read the books (no magic men guaranteed).

squirtyflower said:
johnny crossan said:
squirtyflower said:

a) virulence
or
b) unreasoning.

squirtyflower said:

Enough said eh?.
Not nearly enough said. I don't see how can you can pass your judgement based on that single sentence. I shall repeat it for you, how specifically is that sentence virulent and unreasoning?

Dawkins has received thousands of death threats from honest, God fearing Christians. Hmmmm.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.