Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

I would say that there is so much more to the data than you bring to the table that we can't discuss it. Training, type of gun, storage, children in the home, where it is carried (if carried outside the home), etc, etc, etc... You don't know me or any of the above, so your assertion is...quite literally... bollocks! Metadata is just that...which makes it bollocks for specific conclusions, especially personal conclusions.
As I say. You can all keep your guns. You like your guns (well 20 odd percent of you do). But metadata isn’t bollocks and whatever you say, you’re far more likely to use your gun on yourself than on someone else in self defence.

Do they carry? If not, then the weapon is secured at home and not readily available. Ergo, the trust issue is one of home invasion...and anyone who comes into my home without permission has no trust and deserves none.
No, the trust issue for everyone else is still there. You totally missed the point of his last paragraph.

As I say. You can all keep your guns. You like your guns (well 20 odd percent of you do). But metadata isn’t bollocks and whatever you say, you’re far more likely to use your gun on yourself than on someone else in self defence.
And, again, I say "Bollocks!" because, again, I say metadata is a large aggregation of data and, based on all the factors I gave you, I am an outlier in that data.

As for me "liking my guns," I like the added layer of protection they provide myself and my family, both at home and at work.

The people you need to be concerned about are the 3%, not me!

And, again, I say "Bollocks!" because, again, I say metadata is a large aggregation of data and, based on all the factors I gave you, I am an outlier in that data.

As for me "liking my guns," I like the added layer of protection they provide myself and my family, both at home and at work.

How about this “one is more likely to use it on themselves”? That way you don’t think I’m say CB is specifically.

How about this “one is more likely to use it on themselves”? That way you don’t think I’m say CB is specifically.
How about instead of casting aspersions, we simply stick to facts, that way it isn't personalized to anyone...including trained law enforcement personnel who carry/own guns for their own protection and that of others.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/09/22/study-guns-owners-violence/90858752/

I already spoke to suicide by gun in earlier posts.

Err, Magna Carta?

It may be amusing to denounce the foundational documents of a country that, in a few centuries, went from a revolutionary war to remove itself from under the boot of Britain to possibly the most powerful country in the world. However, many citizens of that country find almost any denunciation of America from someone from Britain as somewhat laughable.

None of that speaks to how I feel about the Constitution.
The Magna Carta is more like a bit of guidance, rather than any ossified, immutable rule. It's a deficient analogy.

Do they carry? If not, then the weapon is secured at home and not readily available. Ergo, the trust issue is one of home invasion...and anyone who comes into my home without permission has no trust and deserves none.

People make mistakes, whether it's out of panic or anger. Mistakes made with guns pay heavier prices. Again, I have yet to meet a gun-owner who doesn't consider himself the height of responsibility. Of course, one of these is the same guy whose kid gets left at school because he forgot it was his day for carpool, or who (again) forgot her shinguards and water bottle for soccer practice. One of them is the biggest churl when it comes to donating at church. One spoils his girl rotten. But I'm supposed to trust all of them with literally the most dangerous thing they can own. I do, mostly. But I am never -- ever -- going to trust that ANY gun owner is 100% of the time responsible with his weapon. That's always the smart move.

Isn't it the law that everyone can have a gun in America? So, how on earth do they get rid? Prise them from their cold dead hands? Not going to happen is it? So, like us with the odd Muslim nutter, get used to the slaughter and pray that you or yours don't get caught up in it.

Again -- find me one person -- ONE -- who will admit to being careless with his weapon. No offense, but anyone who believes you about "being concerned" is ridiculous. It's not personal; it's prudence. The stakes are infinitely higher if we are wrong about trusting you. You don't trust others; that's why you own a weapon, but you are asking us to trust you. You can make a mistake with terrible consequences. You probably won't. But you could.

How about instead of casting aspersions, we simply stick to facts, that way it isn't personalized to anyone...including trained law enforcement personnel who carry/own guns for their own protection and that of others.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/09/22/study-guns-owners-violence/90858752/

I already spoke to suicide by gun in earlier posts.
I’m not casting aspersions in any way. I’m stating statistical facts. You’re the one so holed up in your belief that everything about you that can’t disassociate yourself from what I’m saying.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7608350

Gun owners are more likely to injure themselves or others than protect themselves. That’s it. End of story. I really couldn’t give two hoots how well trained you are. You are one person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.