Shooting in Washington

Way too many guns in the US for gun control to do anything.

I guess it makes then feel safer...it's a double edged sword—you often hear stories about how guns saved a family, but then you hear about innocent murders.

I guess in a country of well over 300 million people, you will always find a few people that are mentally ill and would commit such a heinous act.

Skashion said:
Gun control in the US would be pointless. There are already 200 million guns out there. You can shut the stable door if you want but that horse escaped a long long time ago and now has great great grandfoals.
Almost like you read my mind and posted the same idea at the same time. (((:

Jumanji said:
Way too many guns in the US for gun control to do anything.

I guess it makes then feel safer...it's a double edged sword—you often hear stories about how guns saved a family, but then you hear about innocent murders.

I guess in a country of well over 300 million people, you will always find a few people that are mentally ill and would commit such a heinous act.

They do not feel safer they just feel normal.

What is needed is stricter laws in the sale and possession of guns, with people applying for ownership or in ownership being required to have mental health, criminal record and social clearance and having their data as gun owners stored in an independent database.

Not everyone is qualified to own guns, evidently and the complete ban of guns will be very close to impossible to achieve.

Blueband Brother said:
What is needed is stricter laws in the sale and possession of guns, with people applying for ownership or in ownership being required to have mental health, criminal record and social clearance and having their data as gun owners stored in an independent database.

Not everyone is qualified to own guns, evidently and the complete ban of guns will be very close to impossible to achieve.

In order to solve the problem IMO you need to take trying to tackle "Gun control" in any way shape or form off the agenda.

It should not even be on the table of options.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Blueband Brother said:

In order to solve the problem IMO you need to take trying to tackle "Gun control" in any way shape or form off the agenda.

The guns are like watches or phones, they are everywhere so it will be difficult to ban completely but it will be possible to reduce with stricter regulations.

Blueband Brother said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Blueband Brother said:

The guns are like watches or phones, they are everywhere so it will be difficult to ban completely but it will be possible to reduce with stricter regulations.

You can only use two (handguns/Machine pistols) or one (rifle/shotgun/semi-automatic) at a time, unless you are suggesting a regulation of less than 1 gun per person (of age) then you are not really solving anything.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Blueband Brother said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

You can only use two (handguns/Machine pistols) or one (rifle/shotgun/semi-automatic) at a time, unless you are suggesting a regulation of less than 1 gun per person (of age) then you are not really solving anything.

You can use two at a time in the movies but good luck hitting a barn door in real life.

Gelsons Dad said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Blueband Brother said:

You can use two at a time in the movies but good luck hitting a barn door in real life.

I love the scene in commando. Something like 1 min 13 secs with one gun on full auto and no reload.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Blueband Brother said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:

I am not talking about rationing, I am talking about making it difficult for people to access and own guns by stricter regulations. My point is quite clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.