Should aeroplane gestures be acted upon by the club?

Glazers_Wallet said:
SouthStand211 said:
CB, this has nothing to do with Poznan fans. I don't turn up to vent my frustrations either, I honestly watch a game of football. Where I'm sat, there's plenty of banter. Banter and footy = happy SS211, I just think the whole 'dying on a runway' singing is pathetic and should be as offensive to a blue as it is to a red; like I said.. Frank Swift.

GW, this isn't an argument about the topic, just a discussion on what is a difficult subject for a few fans so your honesty is good. You said you personally don't sing to mock the dead, but are you aware that is exactly what you are doing in most peoples eyes? If you heard 75% of Old Trafford singing 'Gary Neville is a red, he hates Foe' would that not seem seriously fucked up?

i see what you mean, but why would rat face hate foe?

Okay, I went to an extreme, your right he wouldn't. But then why would Tevez use a 'm*nich' reference or want to be associated with doing so. He probably wouldn't either.

Colins Bellend said:
Let people be there's enough Big Brother in this country without the PC Brigade at football aswell.As the saying goes all's fair in love and war I think footballs got both of them.
This

my 15 year old grandson sings the tevez song when he comes to see us, i dislike utd more than anyone, ive told him its not right, but i know i"m flogging a dead horse, was dead chuffed at last years game when we behaved impeccably, not to sure this season.

Should any aggresive hand/arm gesture be acted upon by the club?
Should the club act upon rags doing it at EVERY derby?

I honestly don't think 99% of the people that sing that song or gesture actually mean any hurt towards those people that died or their families.
It's an attack on the other fans (who are alive and well) and not the dead.
It's a way to annoy them and piss them off, most people know the story behind it all and actually mean no harm.
I think it's been covered a thousand times, we are all human at the end of the day.

north down blue said:
After what they wrote on the wall of Mary D's about Foe, bollocks to them.
So youre going to stoop to their low level of mocking the dead, and become as bad as them by mocking the dead?

I personally think its sick, football is football, but then theirs respecting someone's life. You'd never want someone mocking someone who died who was close to you, so why should people who were close to those in the disaster want to hear you mocking the deceased?

Ah,the old Bluemoon foxhunting/hanging debate.

We get this thread dragged out before and after every derby....it's on par with "should Celtic and Rangers join the PL."

Look...it's going to happen,it's not right,but neither is the the nobhead element in the rag support doing it in advance to get a reaction.Pitiful on both levels.

In my experience it's usually the younger lads who get a bit heated and don't really know the score about anything other than "it winds the twats up."

But if you want clubs to start taking "action" against "unsociable" acts or chants at football matches then be very,very careful about what you wish for......apart from the blatantly racist or homophobic stuff that most decent people know is out of bounds...the rest is potentially very thin ice.

For instance-the rags sing about Scousers "eating rats."
What's to stop one of them accusing them of "character stereotyping," and announcing it as a "hate crime?"
What about "build a bonfire..."....burning City fans....surely incitement to violence,if I see it as such?And don't forget-it's the victims pereception of an aggressive or abusive act,not the perpatrator's.

Big can of worms,OP.

Careful what you wish for...you just might get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.