Should Alan Hansen be sacked for racism?

This is really not an issue like I said before its when non blacks try to fight the cause of blacks that this type of thing is blown up. To the people saying "just because one black person says its ok, it means nothing." My family is 99% black, my friends about 80% black. I also know other people from work, gym, clubs, playing sports, bars who are black. None of them would find this offensive this is a NON ISSUE.

Lets worry about bigger things like JT who actually is a racist not some guy who also has black friends just speaking on TV.

*signed a coloured person.*

*goes back to watching the game while white people argue about what is acceptable to call black people and what we find disrespectful.*

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Seosa said:
It's been nearly a decade since I left Primary School, and then we were told by teachers that it was respectful to use the word coloured and best to avoid using the terms Black and Asian. Now we're told its best not to use any term, so its a ridiculously delicate situation we're in in society now.

So you are about 20 and you were taught to use the term coloured? Was this your teacher?

sir_alf_garnett.jpg

Lol, it was nothing old fashioned, just light hearted mentoring to try and ensure respect among races as they said. Tbf, Bredbury schools in 2001/2002 had a very small percentage of "non-whites", so the issue wasn't really brought up.

didactic said:
This is really not an issue like I said before its when non blacks try to fight the cause of blacks that this type of thing is blown up. To the people saying "just because one black person says its ok, it means nothing." My family is 99% black, my friends about 80% black. I also know other people from work, gym, clubs, playing sports, bars who are black. None of them would find this offensive this is a NON ISSUE.

Lets worry about bigger things like JT who actually is a racist not some guy who also has black friends just speaking on TV.

*goes back to watching the game while white people argue about what is acceptable to call black people and what we find disrespectful.*

As has been said, not everyone sees it that way:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.universities-scotland.ac.uk/raceequalitytoolkit/terminology.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.universities-scotland.ac.uk/ ... nology.htm</a>

Coloured

This term is used in Scotland (and elsewhere in the UK and North America) as an alternative to more derogatory names for visible minority ethnic peoples. This usage is now outdated, though it is a term that is still fairly commonly employed. The term tends to suggest that, in the user’s view, ”colour“ is an attribute possessed by all skin types other than white and can therefore be used as an identifier for “non-white” people. Today such usage tends to cause offence, or, at best, to indicate a naive or patronising approach in a multi-ethnic environment. A common term used in North America to denote all non-white people is “people of colour”. This term is not perceived as derogatory and aims to be inclusive of non-white people as well as people of mixed parentage and ancestry.

The bollocks Hansen comes out with every week is dated. He sounds like he's reading an auto cue from 1982 footballisms. Then he comes out with the term 'coloured'. The term is not racist, it's just not the term that is used to describe black people because it had no individuality to it and in times where there was a lot of racial discrimination the term 'coloured' was used (even though it wasn't used in a racist way, even then) so 'black' was seen as a breakaway, a fresh way of looking at things in a more individual and modern way.

In sub-Saharan Africa - where most of the populations are black - black people are known as 'black', white people are known as 'white' and mixed race people are known as 'coloureds'. The 'coloureds'(mixed race) are discriminated against by both the black and white populations and in South Africa 'coloureds'(mixed race) are secluded in some neighbourhoods, they cant get jobs and are the ones who live in the most socially deprived areas.

It's all a load of rubbish all this anyway. White people aren't even white, they're a peachy pinky reddish very very light brown; and black people aren't even black, they're anything from light brown to dark brown. And we're all black Africans anyway, it's just my ancestors lived in caves in Northern Europe for quite a while so we lost our darker pigmentation through a lack of vitamin D absorption we'd previously got from solar light.

So Hansen can say coloured if he wants to. It's not racist, it just proves he's out of date with everything he talks about, football and otherwise.

Imagine Hansen if he was a music critic in the 60's on the American version of X Factor and the Jackson 5 turned up...

Och you'll do nowt with coloured kids

didactic said:

Haha quality post

Damocles said:
TheMidnightBlue said:
Well the original colour of the population of humans in England was white, hence anyone that is non-white is coloured from an English perspective.

No it wasn't, the original population of England was black. The original population of everywhere was black. The human race migrated from somewhere close to Lake Victoria in Africa.

You don't have the intelligence nor the grasp of anthropology to be throwing around terms like "gene pool" either to back up your racist bollocks.

Also, I'd like to know what "the coloured gene" is. It doesn't exist. You are so unbelievably misinformed on the issue that I feel the need to correct everything you say in case some well meaning person reads your stuff and mistakes it for a post that has any sort of merit behind it.

WE CAME FROM ABOVE, SURELY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.