should city sell de jong?

Actually Hargreaves has a basic salary and gets bonuses. Arturo Vidal would have been a better Investment because Barry is getting old and Arturo Vidal wasn't a big risk he played in a good league and has a good reputation and is only 24 so could easily have recouped most if not all of the fee if things didn't work out. Had we bought Vidal he would definitely had chances to play especially when Yaya went to Afcon.

MCFC4EVR said:
Actually Hargreaves has a basic salary and gets bonuses. Arturo Vidal would have been a better Investment because Barry is getting old and Arturo Vidal wasn't a big risk he played in a good league and has a good reputation and is only 24 so could easily have recouped most if not all of the fee if things didn't work out. Had we bought Vidal he would definitely had chances to play especially when Yaya went to Afcon.

Vidal is boss. unfortunatly he's having a great season and is a key player at Juve now. it would cost a fortune. he was a snip at 12m i think it was

Inzi said:
MCFC4EVR said:

Vidal is boss. unfortunatly he's having a great season and is a key player at Juve now. it would cost a fortune. he was a snip at 12m i think it was
All you had to do was watch a few German league games to know the guy was for real. I creamed over him last season until he was scooped up by Juve for real cheap. How we miss out on these glaring opportunities baffle me. It is not that we don't get the players that is annoying, it is that we don't even show any interest at all :(

Because we've been too fixated on buying high profile players, Savic being an exception and that hasn't turned out too well. Would be nice to see us land more bargain buys who add real quality to the squad, ala Kompany, Clichy, and Johnson (he was good value for money for a while and we'll still probably profit on him). Someone like Martin Harnik or Dries Mertens would be an interesting signing without paying a bomb, these are the sort of players Slur Alcohol will pay £10million for and double their value in a few seasons.

According to Italian reports, Inter want to swap Maicon for De Jong. A few years ago the idea of Maicon here was unbelievable but now he's slightly past his best, would command big wages, and we have two great right-backs so it doesn't sound like an enticing offer. Would Mancini want Maicon, who he signed for Inter, knowing we already have Micah and Zaba? Unless Zaba really does join Barca... :(

Would love Vidal but not going to happen now is it? Martinez is class but would cost so so much. Javi Garcia is your man

Dax777 said:
Inzi said:
MCFC4EVR said:

All you had to do was watch a few German league games to know the guy was for real. I creamed over him last season until he was scooped up by Juve for real cheap. How we miss out on these glaring opportunities baffle me. It is not that we don't get the players that is annoying, it is that we don't even show any interest at all :(

so why beat Manchester City with this stick? Surely the same "glaring opportunity" was also missed by chelsea scum arsenal liverpool both milans barcelona madrid and so on, they obviously none of them know what they are doing. Personally I trust Roberto Mancini and his judgement on players a lot more than I do you

LoveCity said:
Because we've been too fixated on buying high profile players, Savic being an exception and that hasn't turned out too well. Would be nice to see us land more bargain buys who add real quality to the squad, ala Kompany, Clichy, and Johnson (he was good value for money for a while and we'll still probably profit on him). Someone like Martin Harnik or Dries Mertens would be an interesting signing without paying a bomb, these are the sort of players Slur Alcohol will pay £10million for and double their value in a few seasons.

Tolmie mentioned a couple of scouting trips to Holland and Spain about 4 weeks ago I think. Since then I've become fixated on the idea that we're after Mertens. A quick winger with genuine quality in terms of ball control and passing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.