should city sell de jong?

TCIB said:
I think he offers us great options when we want to change the style of play.
If we are winning and want to calm a game down he is still one of the best imo.

I don't want to see him go but i understand if he does.
You do have a point, but for me the reason NDJ finds himself only playing a bit part for us this season is due to his inability to carry a threat in the final 3rd, both Milner and Barry can play as holding players but at the same time they are both comfatable in attacking areas, if they find themselves there which they do with the style of play we have now adopted, but Dejong isn't and this I think has cost him his place this season

Squatter said:
Why should we sell him if he's happy here?

Squad.

Its not a holiday camp is it? We should sell because we want to improve the team/club and get better players in surely?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Squatter said:

Squad.

Its not a holiday camp is it? We should sell because we want to improve the team/club and get better players in surely?
Very few players would be an improvement over Nige imo, plus he's prem proven and settled

ANY1aBLUE said:
Squatter said:

Squad.

Just how many first team players do you think we can have. You can't have 25 world class players can you?

Look at man u, they've been successful with players like Park, Fletcher, O'shea, Brown etc down the years because they've been good back up. If Nigel is happy to play a squad role, we should definitely keep him because of what he can offer. Simple really.

You cant just keep selling players who occasionally fall out of favour. Who would we buy? De Rossi? Then we'd sell Barry. Then sell De Rossi and buy M'Vila. We need some stability for success

Don't think Mancini rates him and he will be gone by the end of summer, while he still has some value. He was not a Mancini player and Mancini does not like one dimensional players, especially in midfield. Need at least two dimensions, preferably three.

For NDJ's position, the player needs to be an accurate passer, mobile and good under pressure, and a strong defender, able to get behind the ball and defend. NDJ has one, posibly two of those attributes. I think it is fairly clear from the way he uses Yaya, Barry and Milner that NDJ is just not in the same class, and I would venture that the TYPE of DM he is does not gel with Mancini's future vision.

big blueballs said:
TCIB said:
I think he offers us great options when we want to change the style of play.
If we are winning and want to calm a game down he is still one of the best imo.

I don't want to see him go but i understand if he does.
You do have a point, but for me the reason NDJ finds himself only playing a bit part for us this season is due to his inability to carry a threat in the final 3rd,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGWIgIFhvOQ[/youtube]

No I wouldn't sell him. However, I do agree that there's been a change to the intensity of DeJongs' game this season compared to last. Whether this is due to Mancini's preference for Ya Ya, or DeJong's lack of progress towards an improved contract, or his supposed links to Jorabchian, who knows. What is plain is something has affcted his game.

with 4-2-3-1 or 4_4_2 he is a bit of a waste on the bench, if someone pays 25M I would let him go and take a photocopy of yaya like Orlando Engelaar as sub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.