Should Dzeko start on Sunday?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The finishing was poor but he got in the right positions and did well twice to beat the offside trap.

The bigger concern for me is his complete inability to control the ball, hold it up and lay it off. His control and passing are very poor.

Again; agree with the first part, as someone was saying he was second quickest to the ball both time the goals fell for city, would he have missed it it is disputable...he has found himself in good positions 5 times last night 3 time he made a mess of it and twice it was marchena and aguero who got there before him...

the control concern, again as I said in the post above, it seems like it's on and off, against france it was brilliant, devastating how he danced around their defense, holding the ball up and connecting our play...last night his control was the complete opposite, abysmal

We should start Aguero, postentially with Balotelli as well, although that will be dependent upon the formation Mancini choses to go with. Dzeko has been off form of late, and last night was no better from him, on current form he doesn't deserve a starting spot, certainly not ahead of Aguero or Balotelli.

Edin had a great series.Mancini left him on the bench against Wigan and interrupted series.After a few missed games will take time to return.After a few easy matches, against United we see Mario value.

ed10 said:
Edin had a great series.Mancini left him on the bench against Wigan and interrupted series.After a few missed games will take time to return.After a few easy matches against United, we see Mario value.
hopefully

Yeah, because Balo and Aguero seems unproven. Edin and Aguero's movement dovetails, even if there isn't real 'chemistry' yet, they make life easier for each other just by doing their own thing.

ed10 said:
Edin had a great series.Mancini left him on the bench against Wigan and interrupted series.After a few missed games will take time to return.After a few easy matches against United, we see Mario value.

It's not how it works at big teams. Forward players like Rooney and Edin are rotated regardless of form. There are just too many games in a six week period, if they play them all, they lose some pace and sharpness, and the risk of injury increases greatly. The managers need them at their peak in April, when the semi-finals/finals/decisive league games. It's just something Edin has to adjust to.

It can be different if one player is obviously the most important, like Bale was for Spurs last year until Christmas, or Messi was for Barca the whole of last season. But that's not true of Edin at City, not yet.

I hope he isn't making these excuses, he has to look for the answers from within. He has the talent. He seems to have a big player mentality, which is good and bad. For me he is someone who needs to walk before they run. I'd be happier to see him score simple chances than blockbusters, happier to see him trap the ball than beat a man.

He definitely should not start, his first touch is alarmingly bad and we cannot afford to give United possession back so cheaply.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
De-jong Barry
Y.Toure
Silva Nasri
Aguero

Blue Hefner said:
He definitely should not start, his first touch is alarmingly bad and we cannot afford to give United possession back so cheaply.

Hart
De-jong Barry
Y.Toure
Silva Nasri
Aguero
I'd rather have Milner instead of either Nasri or Yaya.

Tricky_Trev said:
Blue Hefner said:

Hart
De-jong Barry
Y.Toure
Silva Nasri
Aguero
I'd rather have Milner instead of either Nasri or Yaya.

I said this would be the team for the Utd game on Saturday morning so i'm going to stick with it. When I was thinking about the team I didn't see Milner's performances coming but if I still don't think Mancini will pick him. I would definitely have Yaya playing because I thought he played well last night and he will offer us height at both ends of the pitch

I definitely agree that he had a horrible game, but it is scary how you can go from Zero to Hero and back so quickly with fans. He wasn't the only one that did horrible but it seems like he's the new scapegoat every single time a game goes bad.

And don't get me wrong, judging the game on Tuesday he should be benched but there should be some consistency there for the guys to learn to play with each other up front (even if that means him to become striker #3).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.