Should Dzeko start on Sunday?

Let's bring this thread back to the original question.

The answer is absolutely not.

I like him, you like him, we all like him. He's a brilliant guy and a dedicated City player. But he ain't cutting the mustard at the moment. Too many chances and not enough goals. And before you mention Spurs, I seem to remember Berbatov scoring 5 against Blackburn a year ago. I wonder if he'll be in Rags lineup against us. Don't think so.

We have got to go for the win on Sunday. If we go for the win then we'll win. If we go for the draw then we'll lose.

Balo and Kun to start.

Absolutely, Dzeko is class and although he had an off night he still worked hard all night and never let his head go down. Balo's done well recently but he still spends way too much on his arse.

Here is what's going to happen:

Dzeko comes in in the 70th minute; tied game. Sweeps ball over the line after a Yaya cross in front of goal. Scores.....City wins. everyone is happy.

Does anyone fear Balotelli going red card? He does have a recent history of letting his emotions get the best of him in big games. It's the reason we haven't seen him in the Champions League this season. 10 men at the swamp = really bad day.

How did it take 22 pages to say no?

Balotelli proved himself in the semi (and final), and he is on form. Aguero is a definite and Milner would be ahead of Dzeko right now. Silva is a definite and Yaya seems to have it in his contract that he always plays. Barry and DeJong - yep.

No room for Edin I'm afraid. but he's welcome to come on from the bench and score the 5th and 6th!

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Does anyone fear Balotelli going red card? He does have a recent history of letting his emotions get the best of him in big games. It's the reason we haven't seen him in the Champions League this season. 10 men at the swamp = really bad day.

Err didnt Balo help us beat the rags in the semi at wembly. The only player who got a red and lost it was scholes. Who will the rags fear the most?

Not on Tuesdays form!

Think aguero will be the lone striker with Mario on left, ala Blackburn...

JasminBosnia said:
I agree, he should not start this Sunday as his performance was not good vs. Villareal. I have read many topics about Balo where most of forum population wanted to sell him right away due to red cards, liability, fights with mancini, etc. When I said I dont see topics about others (Should we start nasri, or should we start Yaya, or should we start Silva) I refered to a last night game where most of the team was very poor. Yaya obviously tired, Silva lost the ball when Villareal scored, I will not mention Nasri performance because he did not perform at all...

Most of you are to hard on him and just waiting for games like last night. How can you say he is first division player after he scored that many goals this season? Last two on 7th and 11th Oct vs Lux and France were class.

Problem is the players you are mentioning have already done enough for us to excuse a bad game. Nasri was Arsenals best player alongside Cesc for the past two years. Silva is arguably our best player. Yaya is a legend and was one of the best players on the day passing balls to Dzeko which he would then lose. I respect your loyalty but he has been poor and has not helped himself with arguing with the manager when subbed because of it. This is the big leagues bigger players tha Dzeko have come to the Prem failed an been shipped off.

I know he will come good but im not going to want to risk that in our biggest game of the season and I repeat Balotelli and Aguerro are better players and in better form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.