Should Hodgson go?

Yes, for selecting Welbeck and benching Milner. Haven't yet seen Lampard or Wilshire make an appearance. Why has it taken another international competition to realise Gerrard is a club man and just can't do it for England.

BlueTG said:
Made several changes for our last game. I don't understand though if he's experimenting and bleeding more youth in, in this final game, why he has dropped Hart for 32 year old Foster. Surely if there's a new defence he's trying out, he should be trying to establish some form of relationship between the back four and the established number 1. I could understand Forster as he's younger and switched a bit in friendlies, but Foster who didn't want to play when he had no chance of getting a game, fuck me.

Bit of a shithouse trick for me, all the changes (if true). Course he should make one or two, maybe get Lallana and/or Barkley in from the start, possibly Milner. Changing the whole team, playing a reserve keeper etc., smacks of preparing his excuses in advance - if/when we get beat, it will be presented as some kind of formative learning experience, rather than just another embarrassment.

gifs_04.gif

Don't have a problem with him giving a run-out to those who haven't played. Nor with making Lampard captain.

He may not be the greatest football manager but he does treat his players with respect.

There's no outstanding candidate to take over, but I think Hodgson is way out of his depth.

His level is Fulham/West Brom, we all saw what happened when he took over Liverpool.

That is a talented squad of players and his results have been terrible this summer.

Draws with Ecuador and Honduras, then defeats by Italy and Uruguay - shocking IMO.

The issue is we still try and pick players on their individual merits rather than to fit a system. look at Chile, Costa Rica or even Algeria, they have a way of playing, everyone knows what they're meant to do and consequently they're more than the sum of their parts. I just can't see Hodgson suddenly adopting and sticking to a style or as rodgers would say, a philosphy, and that's what you need at International level.

sir baconface said:
Don't have a problem with him giving a run-out to those who haven't played. Nor with making Lampard captain.

He may not be the greatest football manager but he does treat his players with respect.

Neither do I, but I expect sh249 is closer to the real reason for doing this.

He's made a lot of changes and I can't get worked up about that. He's simply trying to avoid dragging players thousands of miles to Brazil, then thousands of miles round Brazil without them playing in the world cup. I think that's fair enough, but what I cannot take at all is the pretence that every action by the FA and the England coach is another step along the carefully laid out path which leads to world cup success next time, or the time after. The FA and the England team has stumbled around in the pitch black for the last forty years before the present incumbent decides he'll pick young forwards and go on the attack! Why did he think he was the man to lead England to success by playing in a way none of his teams - at club or national level - had ever played before? Still, we'll prepare for the future with an experimental team ... with a captain winning only his 106th cap and a 'keeper who's 32, just to keep the backbone of experience which won't be available in two years time, while the captain for the tournament itself rests to consider whether he should retain the captaincy for his seventh unsuccessful shot at the major international competitions. This decision is the captain's alone to make - it has apparently nothing to do with the manager, who might be thought to pick the team! So, we'll take "a chance" on one season wonder Lallana better than Silva you know - and we'll get Wilshere's sick note written out for the season to come. But the real revolution will be the omission of our superhero, who has rocked the world with a world cup goal at only his third attempt (tournament not match!) and not playing the world's biggest club's best ever player in the position he was to make his own when he was the saviour of English football two short years ago. Excellent stuff Woy. Keep it up. Report back in four years.

I really hope England get an absolute hammering tonight, if not just to get rid of that clown Hodgson th clueless fuckwit needs to go if England are to progress.

without a dream said:
The issue is we still try and pick players on their individual merits rather than to fit a system. look at Chile, Costa Rica or even Algeria, they have a way of playing, everyone knows what they're meant to do and consequently they're more than the sum of their parts. I just can't see Hodgson suddenly adopting and sticking to a style or as rodgers would say, a philosphy, and that's what you need at International level.

Spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.