Should Hodgson go?

2sheikhs said:
Saw him being interviewed last night. He must have been on the piss the night before because he definitely had a bad case of the Hattie Jacques.

I wouldn't have minded if we'd gone into this with a COMPLETELY young side. No expectations. Just using it for some experience and tell them to go out there, play and enjoy it. Instead, we get bombarded with adverts telling us to "believe" and having the cheek to show rooney alongside the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.
In some respects, being a Blue has made things worse. I watch us in the last third of the pitch and see skill, craft and intelligence. Watch England and constantly see the wrong option, misplaced passes and a general lack of imagination.

These are exactly my feelings towards what we should have done going into the tournament, and how I feel about when I watch England.

It's not a case of 'give the kids a go', its that the young lads we do have are fairly good and some have the potential to be very good. We should have played as many of them as possible in their preferred positions and if we came up short the least they would have gained was the experience needed at this level, so that going into 2016/2018 they aren't shell shocked.

Hart should be captain going forward as he will be number 1 for the next 8 - 10 years, and the team for the Euro's campaign should be along the lines of

_________________Hart________________

Flanagan___Stones_____Cahill____Shaw___

__________Henderson____Wilshire_______

Sterling________Barkley_______Oxlaide-Chamerlain___

________________Sturridge_____________

By the next World Cup the average age of that team will be about 24/25, I can see this team competing over the next 10 years if they are kept together and the likes of Rooney and Gerrard fuck off and retire

2sheikhs said:
Saw him being interviewed last night. He must have been on the piss the night before because he definitely had a bad case of the Hattie Jacques.

I wouldn't have minded if we'd gone into this with a COMPLETELY young side. No expectations. Just using it for some experience and tell them to go out there, play and enjoy it. Instead, we get bombarded with adverts telling us to "believe" and having the cheek to show rooney alongside the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.
In some respects, being a Blue has made things worse. I watch us in the last third of the pitch and see skill, craft and intelligence. Watch England and constantly see the wrong option, misplaced passes and a general lack of imagination.

That's if we get into the last third. Usually we have given the ball away well before then. Or else the ball ends up in the last 3rd from
a panicked punt from our defence.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
2sheikhs said:

That's if we get into the last third. Usually we have given the ball away well before then. Or else the ball ends up in the last 3rd from
a panicked punt from our defence.

I don't think i've ever seen an international team pass the ball back to the goal keeper as often as we do.
I don't mind if it's because a player is having to run towards his own goal under pressure and does this, i mean seeing Johnson and Cahill just turning and playing it back to Hart because they don't have the composure or ability to pick a decent pass out.
I lay alot of our performance on Thursday directly at Hodgsons door as he picked two supposedly attacking fullbacks but then obviously instructed them to not push on past the wide players.

And as for his playing Rooney then Sterling in two different positions smacked of desperation and not knowing his starting 11.

But finally, his P45 should have been filled in on the 70 minute mark v Uruguay when he took Sterling off but left Wellshit on, should have had it handed to him there and then in front of the English public.

My view of Hodgson is exactly the same as my view of the players. We always have to pick from a collection of mediocre stodge. Every year we get end-of-season PL teams which seek to try and convince us that there is some obscure English midfielder at some relegation haunted club, usually in London, who is actually better than David Silva, someone else better than Sergio, Ya Ya, Fernandinho and so on. They actually believe this. Then the manager of the year is some cockney (usually, but a slight variation this year...) who didn't win anything and never will in fact. So we get a team of stodge and a manager of stodge. The first WC I could watch was 1958 (2014...snap) and with the single,glorious exception of 1966 we've hovered around the last eight, apart from '74, '78 and '94. Never disastrously bad, but never really any good. There's not a shred of evidence to suggest 2018 will be any better, because we're not sacrificing the manager, we're not disembowelling some of the players, we're actually telling ourselves how good they are. But they are nowhere near as good as we're told. Roo...what a genius..he's got one whole world cup goal. Stevie G a true English lion. Pity his blunder against Uruguay was even more schoolboyish than the one against Chelsea. The Liverpool lads...brilliant...pity the only one who plays for Uruguay was ten times better than the English ones put together. And Hodgson? Well, we've made such progress, he's "taken us forward" to the point we have nul points this time, only two goals despite neglecting defence because of our rich array of attacking talent. But what really made me sick to the back teeth of the garbage our pundits spout to back up the latest FA Book of Excuses was when I watched Costa Rica v Italy. Costa Rica's manager had paid some attention to how Italy play. He acknowledged the vital role of Pirlo. So..push up on Bouffon to stop him rolling it to Rossi and then to Pirlo. Make the Italians play it out long. The result is Italy don't play - at least nowhere near as well as they did against us. Did Woy see any of that? Is it such genius which will "take us forward" in a way results won't reflect fairly?

Of course he should be sacked. He shouldn't have even been employed.

After Capello everyone was saying "we needed an English manager". No we fucking didn't. We needed any manager who had pedigree who actually know what he was doing, who the players believed in, and who could actually manage the squad. Nationality has nothing to do with it. Hodgson is too afraid to drop any of the media's love children and can't make big decisions. Can organise 2 banks of 4, but hasn't a clue when it comes to playing flowing football. The sort of football that wins you competitions.

Hehe your welcome Kev.

Yeah he should for the good of any future chances (2016).
The longer he lingers the less time for a manager has to get the players he wants into shape. As mentioned though it is who employs him who needs changing.
They are to petrified of losing their table at a stuffy gentlemans club and general prestige their position affords to even contemplate hiring anyone on the basis of their skill set.
What are the chances this fella will have reporters calling me at 2am for some obscure percieved transgression?
The above is the first question on the FA members mind and it is the wrong one.

waspish said:
The elephant man wants to be the next England manager haha

This is his cv for the job>>
ygeqevej.jpg

"The Manchester United legend "

That's the key phrase.

It's not about playing well, or with joy, or with style. It's not about winning and it's certainly not about entertainment either.

It's about making money. And El El will make the FA a stack courtesy of his "legend" status.

With Becks as "special advisor", Chuckles #1 and #2 defensive coaches, Shrek as skipper - it's the dream ticket. Sponsored by Tyldesley & Tyler Erections and brought to you by Sky....... and it's liiiiiiiiiivvveeeeeeeeeee!

Goo said:
Of course he should be sacked. He shouldn't have even been employed.

After Capello everyone was saying "we needed an English manager". No we fucking didn't. We needed any manager who had pedigree who actually know what he was doing, who the players believed in, and who could actually manage the squad. Nationality has nothing to do with it. Hodgson is too afraid to drop any of the media's love children and can't make big decisions. Can organise 2 banks of 4, but hasn't a clue when it comes to playing flowing football. The sort of football that wins you competitions.
My thoughts, chances are an imported manager would have less sentiment to bow to the pressures of playing the Copper Generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.