Should Hodgson go?

TBH I do not really care whether he stays or goes.

I think other coaches like Redknapp might have got a slightly better performance out of the players but I doubt anyone would have got them out of the group.

I think European players have been shown up for the over-rated, under motivated people they are. In their via the Champions League rather than the World Cup is the pinnacle.

We need more teams like Southampton who had to rely on English youth players rather than the standard prem teams who never give academy kids a chance.

Blue Hefner said:
GHoddle said:
He's a portrait in mediocrity. Of course he should go, 1 point when Costa Rica got 7 is disgraceful.

I've just seen the post-match interview, talk about lowering expectations and standards.

In years gone by there would be outrage at drawing 0-0 with Costa Rica but not now. Now we are told we 'give it our all', 'dominated' and 'created some chances'.

Martin Samuel did a good piece today in the Mail Online. He makes the point that for some reason(which has been accepted by some of the media) the England national team no longer is judged by results but by things such as preperation for the tournement and other peripheral things

He tries to lower expectations and standards because he has no confidence in his own ability imo. People who believe in themselves and inspire confidence don't speak like that.

Moyes was doing it at United as well. The funny thing is that Hogdson makes Moyes look pretty decent by comparison.

I am not going to try to defend Woy and the England players but S America has always been a poor hunting ground for European teams. Plenty have failed already and more will.
I think we should be careful of not throwing out the baby with the bath water; we of all people know switching managers all the time is not the answer ( unless their name is Stuart Pearce of course...)

metalblue said:
without a dream said:
The issue is we still try and pick players on their individual merits rather than to fit a system. look at Chile, Costa Rica or even Algeria, they have a way of playing, everyone knows what they're meant to do and consequently they're more than the sum of their parts. I just can't see Hodgson suddenly adopting and sticking to a style or as rodgers would say, a philosphy, and that's what you need at International level.

Spot on

Sorry this is bollocks.

Greg Dyke has spoken and the real reason we lost the first two games was because Prince Harry wasn't there to inspire the team.
His presence apparently ensured we got a draw against the mighty Costa Rica. I've every confidence in our leaders.
It's just a crying shame that we got drawn with Switzerland in the Euro qualifiers ... why do we never get easy groups?

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
metalblue said:
without a dream said:
The issue is we still try and pick players on their individual merits rather than to fit a system. look at Chile, Costa Rica or even Algeria, they have a way of playing, everyone knows what they're meant to do and consequently they're more than the sum of their parts. I just can't see Hodgson suddenly adopting and sticking to a style or as rodgers would say, a philosphy, and that's what you need at International level.

Spot on

Sorry this is bollocks.

Greg Dyke has spoken and the real reason we lost the first two games was because Prince Harry wasn't there to inspire the team.
His presence apparently ensured we got a draw against the mighty Costa Rica. I've every confidence in our leaders.
It's just a crying shame that we got drawn with Switzerland in the Euro qualifiers ... why do we never get easy groups?
The bastards won't split the Isles of Scilly up, I'd fancy our chances against St-Agnes or St-Martins avoid St-Mary's and home and dry.

Blue Hefner said:
GHoddle said:
He's a portrait in mediocrity. Of course he should go, 1 point when Costa Rica got 7 is disgraceful.

I've just seen the post-match interview, talk about lowering expectations and standards.

In years gone by there would be outrage at drawing 0-0 with Costa Rica but not now. Now we are told we 'give it our all', 'dominated' and 'created some chances'.

Martin Samuel did a good piece today in the Mail Online. He makes the point that for some reason(which has been accepted by some of the media) the England national team no longer is judged by results but by things such as preperation for the tournement and other peripheral things

We were better when we played matches on the Saturday and an international on the Wednesday.We would also do better if we packed our bags and got there two days before and had a days rest then played the game.

I couldn't really give a toss if he stays or goes our england team has always been boring and lifeless. But let's just say he doesn't seem the most motivational of managers

Blue Hefner said:
GHoddle said:

Reminds me of another managerial genius whose demise is still much lamented.

"We got to the byline a few times".

Yes. He is utterly useless. If he thinks we played well he considers losing/drawing appropriate. Well if you lose when you are playing well soon you will lose because you are playing badly.

Being loyal to players is one thing but not realising when someone has reached the time to retire is ridiculous in a manager.

If Graham Taylor was a turnip Hodgson is limp lettuce.

Dyke's comments that we would have done better if Prince Harry had attended matches seems to prove the theory that you get promoted to the level of your own incompetence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.