Should Hodgson go?

paulchapo said:
He shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.Typical FA giving the job to a yes man,one who won't make any waves or upset anyone but will win fuck all.It reminds me of when they wouldn't give the job to Cloughie who was a football genius at the time.The rot for England starts at the top and unless we get rid of all the bloated self serving blazer wearing wankers at the top we will always be shit.
Sir,I applaud you.

TCIB said:
mad4city said:
Blue Haze said:
I'm surprised anyone wants to keep Hodgson. He's mediocre.

England need a manager who is defensively organised. Someone who can get crazy workrate friom the players to make up for the lack of talent. Persisting with Hodgson is a waste of time.

He has all the demeanour of a low-ranking civil servant and not surpisingly sets up his teams to perform with all the swagger of a low-ranking civil servant.
His apologists repeatedly tell us that he's "a decent man" and "a true football man", as if these attributes were rare and outstanding virtues rather than fundamental pre-requisites for the position he holds.
In truth, he's in the job because he's the safest option amongst a hoarde of spivs, chancers and assorted bumblefucks. He won't get caught kerb crawling, fiddling HMRS or snorting coke with a fake sheik from the Daily Scum. He'll turn up on time with a world-weary smile and a likeable, avuncular disposotion. Sure, he'll do nothing to excite the fans but, perhaps more importantly to the FA at this point in its evolution, neither will he disturb the sponsors.
So Wembley gets paid for and the blazers can still have the surf and turf washed down with a surprisingly decent local pinot grigio at that week long FIFA conference in Mauritius, whilst of course bemoaning Thatcherites selling off all those playing fields, thirty years ago and grumbling that there are far too many greasy Johnny Foreigner types in the Premier League, playing rings around stand up chaps like Squadron Leader Scotty and Stevie Me.
In a sane world, Roy Hodgson would never have got within an ass's roar of the England manager's job but this is not a sane world. This is the FA's world where sanity laughed itself all the way to the puzzle factory, yonks ago. These are the self-perpetuating guardians of the game who'd arrange FA Cup Finals at midnight on a wet Wednesday in Mogadishu, if they thought it made them more money and they could pass it off as being a politically correct thing to do.
Hodgson's job is safe because Hodgson himself is safe. It's a clear case of the bland leading the bland. There's no other reasonable explanation for his appointment in the first place. The question shouldn't be should Hodgson go; the question ought to be should England finally just give up the pretence and tog out in beige.

I enjoyed the structure and style of this fine post. Rare are the times i now get to enjoy the written English word so much.
Bravo sir.

I have to say TCIB that it was your reply that made me read mad4city's post.

Thank you. Thank you both.

No. He's the proverbial "safe pair of hands" type that is a dream for the FA. Doesn't rock the boat, will never criticise his paymasters, says the right soundbites at press conference, always picks the big names, along with a healthy sprinkling of United and Liverpool players, to ensure the plastics all tune in, and the sponsors are happy. No, he's the perfect fit for the FA dinosaurs.

4 door, 4 gear 89bhp Vauxhall vectra auto in dull, non-metallic grey capable of a couple of pounds of torque on a good day.

Even if he existed and was available, the FA does not want the managerial equivalent of a Noble or a Caterham.

Saw him being interviewed last night. He must have been on the piss the night before because he definitely had a bad case of the Hattie Jacques.

I wouldn't have minded if we'd gone into this with a COMPLETELY young side. No expectations. Just using it for some experience and tell them to go out there, play and enjoy it. Instead, we get bombarded with adverts telling us to "believe" and having the cheek to show rooney alongside the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.
In some respects, being a Blue has made things worse. I watch us in the last third of the pitch and see skill, craft and intelligence. Watch England and constantly see the wrong option, misplaced passes and a general lack of imagination.

The elephant man wants to be the next England manager haha

This is his cv for the job>>
ygeqevej.jpg

"The Manchester United legend got Hull promoted, kept them in the Premier League and nearly pulled off a shock FA Cup final victory over Arsenal last month."

Hodgson is a decent bloke with a decent record across the span of Europe during his career as a domestic manager (dippers exempt), he is however not an International manager, we need the ilk of the little bouncing bomb that manages Chile, Jorge Sampaoli, not a bowl of wet salad with too much dressing on it. He needs to go, sooner rather than later for me as does gerrard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.