Should John Terry be dropped.

Pam said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
Not for Matthew Upson, no.

As if Capello is going to do anything right he'll pick Dawson.

But he won't because he should have been looking at giving Dawson (and Joe Hart for that matter) a few caps leading into the championship. What is the point in bringing them if he thinks their lack of experience means they can't be trusted to play. Same with Adam Johnson, who got six minutes of game time before Capello decided not to bother picking him. And that was after he said how impressed he was by Adam in training.
Yes Pam I aggree, 6mins and then not take AJ, not because he is a City lad but FFS, the bloke is an idiot.

rickmcfc said:
de niro said:
No, he should be knighted

Totally agree, Crapello's decisions over the past 2 games have been shocking. I would fuck off crapello now, and get redknapp to take charge, there would be an instant uplift the second he walked into that dressing room or training pitch. Its ok having everything your way as the manager and being strict, but ffs, some of his actions have been somewhat you would expect at a boarding school.

"Crapello"? Funny how things change after two draws. Also not sure Redknapp would be suitable for the England job considering he's proved he knows nothing about football outside of this country.

Excerpts from his World Cup "guide" in the Sun:

"I don't know much about this [South Korea] squad other than Man Utd's Ji-Sung Park"

On Paraguay: "Roque Santa Cruz ... the rest of the squad is not of the same quality"

MY team v Slovenia:

-------------------James-----------------

--Johnson---Upson----Terry------Cole--

-------------------Barry----------------

---------Lampard------Gerrard----------

--SWP-------------------------J Cole---

---------------Rooney------------------

Reason? because if we get knocked out it's all Gerrard's, Rooney's, Lampard's fault and maybe everyone will realise how our players don't give a shit about their country and revamp the system.

mackenzie said:
We can't afford to drop him, unfortunately.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of his wanting to have open discussion between the team and the Manager what I can't understand is why he felt it necessary to go "public" with it in a media conference.

Tbh mackenzie, i don't blame him one bit for going public, i think he knew as much as we did, that capello wouldn't listen to anything they had to say in any meeting, and he knew the country was pissed at englands performances.
The way i read it was, that he was letting the country know, the players cared in some way, and knew capello was playing the wrong formation and picking the wrong selections, even if capello didn't.
It more or less came across to me that we(the players) care about the country and it's chances, but capello doesn't give a toss.

haller said:
mackenzie said:
We can't afford to drop him, unfortunately.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of his wanting to have open discussion between the team and the Manager what I can't understand is why he felt it necessary to go "public" with it in a media conference.

Tbh mackenzie, i don't blame him one bit for going public, i think he knew as much as we did, that capello wouldn't listen to anything they had to say in any meeting, and he knew the country was pissed at englands performances.
The way i read it was, that he was letting the country know, the players cared in some way, and knew capello was playing the wrong formation and picking the wrong selections, even if capello didn't.
It more or less came across to me that we(the players) care about the country and it's chances, but capello doesn't give a toss.

The trouble with this argument is that it takes no account of the fact that only nine players attended this so called "clear the air" meeting and the rest of the squad didn't turn up because they thought John Terry was out of order and most certainly did not speak for them, for all his claims to the contrary. That's sheer Terry twattery and nothing more. And it's all of a peice with his horribly embarrassing conduct in general. He is a divisive fucking idiot and he ought to be sent home.

Can the people defending John Terry tell me what has been achieved by all this, other than yet more division and derision?

-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm --

What has Terry done wrong so far? Erm nothing?

Some of you lot need to realise that you don't actually know Wayne Bridge, and he probably couldn't give a fuck if you were a City fan or not. And for that matter, it does not make you less of a City fan if you like John Terry.

Pam said:
Can the people defending John Terry tell me what has been achieved by all this, other than yet more division and derision?

-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm --

Capello accusing Terry of being disrespectful by talking about team selection, apparently. I hope he digs his heals in now.
I have to agree with everything you've posted Pam!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.