Should Tevez contract be extended

No. Tevez time with us is over.
We should replace him with a more physically imposing clinical finisher.

Fact is Tevez, at his best and not as a jerk, is a brilliant, world-class striker. One of the best in fact.

Fact is, we don't if Mancini and Tevez ever reconciled. But judging from a previous interview Tevez did, I think we might see an extension in the near future.

If Tevez's willing to sign an extension, I'm pretty sure he's commited. I doubt anyone would be stupid enough not to consider their planned future before putting pen to paper.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
I hope we sell him ASAP.
WTF

I'm not going to wheel out the speech I usually give each time this type of thread comes up, in short:
Unstable character.
STILL can't speak English.
2 years left, so we should sell him while he is still a capable player and can get a price for him.
HUGE wages for someone who isn't even integral to our team.

In (very basic) theory:
Sell Tevez for ~£30m and pay an extra £10m for Cavani/Falcao. We get a younger, hungrier player who is already at the level Tevez is. No doubt he played a huge role in where we are now, but he shamed us on the world stage.
No - Mancini did

bluemoondays said:
brian the blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Who gives a fuck if he cant speak English as long as he does it on the pitch I can hardly understand Mancini ffs. Isnt integral to our team? If Aguero got injured I wouldnt trust Balo or Dzeko to come in and start everyweek (still needs to prove himself when starting). Imo Balotelli should leave well before Tevez. I would try and get him to sign a one year extension on his contract and sell him in two years.

If Balotelli or Dzeko actually got the chance to play every week then they'd score just as much goals, if not more, than Tevez.

Balotelli and Dzeko get a rediculously hard time on here considering they appear to be 3rd and 4th striker at the minute, meaning if they start and don't score then they'll be back on the bench for the next few games until they get another start.

Last season we won the title with Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko as our strikers. Why can, all of a sudden, can we no longer rely on them?
Agreed, we won the title with him being on fucling holiday for 70% of last season.
Granted, he's a good player but he definitely isn't irreplacable as we proved last season, especially if we could get some cash for him and use that (plus his wages) to get a replacement. If we could get £20m from someone we should bite their hands off, you just know he is going to run his contract down and walk on a free otherwise for his last payday.

He's put in two transfer requests, publicly slagged off just about everyone at the club and the city itself, run off to South America for 6 months and only came crawling back with his tail between his legs when we stopped paying him. If he was at any other club 99% of people here would be laughing their balls off at his antics and tut, tutting about how disgraceful it is and how that club should bin him, teach him a lesson etc.

He's 29 in February and with his weight problems he's going to find it harder to keep his weight down soon. Finally, he is the highest paid player at the club and is unlikely to accept lower wages so giving a longer contract extension probably just means we'll end up with a Blobby Fowler or Bellamy scenario with a player who is low-mid 30's (who isn't first choice striker) on huge wages that we can't shift who is getting the odd start and 20 minute sub appearances.

That's a no from me if you hadn't guessed :)

Problem with this argument is we don't win the title if Tevez didn't come back, largely due to Dzeko and Balotelli's predominantly woeful form in the 2nd half of last season, we had to turn to him.

Agree Dzeko is world class when he is on his game like he is now and when he was at the beginning of last season. Same with Balotelli, who had that form spell from about November to January. But Tevez is simply incapable of playing as badly as these two do when they're off their game, which according to the evidence we have from both players is not an insubstantial portion of the time.

A player of Tevez's class and consistency (not saying he can't have a bad game every now and again.) and more importantly on the pitch selflessness (Sort of hilarious when you consider his personality of the pitch) over whole season is a rare quantity, and I think both Balo and Dzeko would be incapable of maintaining the season long form that Tevez did in 10/11.

Shouldn't be too quick to devalue a player like Tevez. Regardless of pride etc. But I'd be alright with a trade for Cavani. Rather swap Balotelli for him though

Money can buy a lot of things - loyalty is not one of them.
We can get another Tevez with the money we have, what we can't afford is another 6 months without a striker we desperately need.

What he did might be a way back, but whoever thinks that this is an isolated incident is in for a rude awakening.

WimbledonRd said:
We can get another Tevez with the money we have, what we can't afford is another 6 months without a striker we desperately need.

What he did might be a way back, but whoever thinks that this is an isolated incident is in for a rude awakening.

Not sure about that, Tevez was a surplus because the club already bought his replacement " Aguero" earlier and were ready to sell him.

And the club already gave Mancini +90 Million Pound to invest on strikers (Dzeko 27m, Balotelli 24m & Aguero 38m) thats more than any club in the EPL, and I don't think that Mancini can use Tevez excuse if he failed last season because thats why the club bought Aguero.

We are certainly going to need him in January.

His wages in comparison to the transfer value we require, makes no sense to offer him a new deal, however.

He earns £10m a year x contract 2years - £20m

That's the fee we have struggled to recoup and he won't be worth that in two years, even if he tears it up for us.

His wages ensure that. The best scenario for me is Carlos busts his balls for the next two seasons, without gripe, and in return, his gratitude is realised in goals and trophies.

On the caveat, he can only return to Boca.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are certainly going to need him in January.

His wages in comparison to the transfer value we require, makes no sense to offer him a new deal, however.

He earns £10m a year x contract 2years - £20m

That's the fee we have struggled to recoup and he won't be worth that in two years, even if he tears it up for us.

His wages ensure that. The best scenario for me is Carlos busts his balls for the next two seasons, without gripe, and in return, his gratitude is realised in goals and trophies.

On the caveat, he can only return to Boca.

I actually disagree. He's got what, one season left after this one, so he'll be 29 come next summer when we'll be looking to renew.

I look at like this. If Tevez were an AC Milan player coming up to this point would Mancini/City be interested in signing him with 1 year left on his contract for a knock down fee. I would say almost certainly they would be. Flip that around and you have our current situation. Give him a two year extension next summer, and we've got ourselves a world class footballer for another 3 years for wages alone.

Ultimately I fear too much water has passed under the bridge for an extension to happen but I'd like to hold out a little hope.

Tevez City said:
WimbledonRd said:

Not sure about that, Tevez was a surplus because the club already bought his replacement " Aguero" earlier and were ready to sell him.

And the club already gave Mancini +90 Million Pound to invest on strikers (Dzeko 27m, Balotelli 24m & Aguero 38m) thats more than any club in the EPL, and I don't think that Mancini can use Tevez excuse if he failed last season because thats why the club bought Aguero.

Aguero was signed to play alongside Tevez not replace him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.