Should Tevez contract be extended

Tevez is a unique gem of a player, there is hardly 3 or 4 other strikers in the world who could match his profile : a clinical finisher, great composure with the ball, great workrate and a unique abbility to rome behind the front strikers, a sort of attacking 10.
I can only think of Benzema, or Ibrahimovic right now to replace him effectively.
Extending his contract is a no brainer.

I would love to see him stay. Saying that I think he might want to end his playing days back at Boca Juniors. Weather thats at the end of this contract or a new contract here. I dont think money will be a object for Tevez. Hell when he was awol he didnt miss his wages that much he. No matter what I am delighted that Tevez played for the club. He is a world class striker. Even looking at him he can create goals and score goals the complete player for me. I know Kun is some player too but Carlos has been Citys best signing since the takeover for me.

LongLang said:
MSP said:
LongLang said:
Yes.

I hated tevez for the whole munich debatcle. I thought i was never going to forgive him.
The fact is he has come back a different man. Hungrier, more willing to play team football.

I look a right hypocrite saying this after what i said when he went awol, but hes a fine fine player, and if nothing else, he is easily worth 30 mil, and we dont want to lose him to a free move.

No chance he'll be sold for anything close to 30 millions.. he is too old and wants too much in wages for that money.

RVP

RVP is much more appreciated footballer in every sense than Tevez is. And he went for 24 millions being few months younger than Tevez will be in June next year when he'll enter last year of his contract.

SO, if his contract is extended to pick more money when selling him, he'll stay till 2014 at least and will be 30.5 years old.

I think lifting that trophy changed him on some level. I think a lot of players look at their career as a ladder they are climbing, never wanting to tarry too long on any one rung for fear of stagnation. But being a champion may have made Carlitos think that the rung he is currently on is damn near the top one, or near enough as makes no difference.

That said, Real and Barca probably still a rung higher to most players (and to be fair, probably in reality too), so if they come a calling...

But yeah, I don't see how anyone could argue that a player is in a better situation at AC Milan or PSG. Yeah, Milan offers a lot of nice perks and a lovely setting, but I'd have our squad over theirs every time. And PSG splashes the cash and offers European football, but the league is not prestigious.

So, to answer the original question: Extend it if he sees MCFC as the destination, and not the journey. I think that's all we fans ask for.

MSP said:
LongLang said:
MSP said:
No chance he'll be sold for anything close to 30 millions.. he is too old and wants too much in wages for that money.

RVP

RVP is much more appreciated footballer in every sense than Tevez is. And he went for 24 millions being few months younger than Tevez will be in June next year when he'll enter last year of his contract.

SO, if his contract is extended to pick more money when selling him, he'll stay till 2014 at least and will be 30.5 years old.

More appreciated on the stregnth of mainly last season.
He was one of those players who were talked about like they Could be great, but only ever lived up to the hype last season. Sure he always looked decent, but not outstanding until last season.
Carlos has been held in very high regard (football wise) since west ham. He offers different options to a team than rvp, but for me, better work rate out ranks a good free kick, we have that in kolarov. I prefer carlos' bull in a china shop to rvps gazzelle in a field. I also think carlos would fit a lot easier into most teams, ( because of his bullish attitude) whereas rvp may find it hard being a focal point in a strange setup.
This of course is just my opinion, but i believe carlos to be a better player than rvp, his only flaw is the bullshit that comes with him, in the name of kia wotshisface. If he ever binned this leech and got a decent agent (if there is such a thing) im willing to bet he would have a lot less off the field issues and a lot more interest from other high profile clubs.
I also think the reason the majority of transfer deals tabled for tevez, are ruined by kismas involvement, either directly by pricing him out of a move, or indirectly because they dont want him near their club. Again this is just my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.