Should Tevez contract be extended

LongLang said:
MSP said:
LongLang said:

RVP is much more appreciated footballer in every sense than Tevez is. And he went for 24 millions being few months younger than Tevez will be in June next year when he'll enter last year of his contract.

SO, if his contract is extended to pick more money when selling him, he'll stay till 2014 at least and will be 30.5 years old.

More appreciated on the stregnth of mainly last season.
He was one of those players who were talked about like they Could be great, but only ever lived up to the hype last season. Sure he always looked decent, but not outstanding until last season.
Carlos has been held in very high regard (football wise) since west ham. He offers different options to a team than rvp, but for me, better work rate out ranks a good free kick, we have that in kolarov. I prefer carlos' bull in a china shop to rvps gazzelle in a field. I also think carlos would fit a lot easier into most teams, ( because of his bullish attitude) whereas rvp may find it hard being a focal point in a strange setup.
This of course is just my opinion, but i believe carlos to be a better player than rvp, his only flaw is the bullshit that comes with him, in the name of kia wotshisface. If he ever binned this leech and got a decent agent (if there is such a thing) im willing to bet he would have a lot less off the field issues and a lot more interest from other high profile clubs.
I also think the reason the majority of transfer deals tabled for tevez, are ruined by kismas involvement, either directly by pricing him out of a move, or indirectly because they dont want him near their club. Again this is just my opinion.

Well, sum that all up and you'll see why he won't be sold for 30 millions. It doesn't matter why and if he is worth of it (I think he's not in his age) but he just won't get sold for that money.

Last summer was last when we could possibly get that sort of cash but in reality it's only 4-5 clubs that could pay that amount, maybe even less with wages added.

Yes he should get a 2yr extension but not an improved contract,after all his sell on value has dropped also he is no longer an international regular.I actually think they should offer him 20% cut in salary.Which will still be around 8 million a year.

i think there is too much disinformation (hype) around tevez and his dontknowbywho proclamed world player status.

numbers speak a different story.

since his last season come back from golf he has been on the pitch

509 mins last season , scoring 4 goals. 3 of them in a single game at norwich. which means 1 goal every 127 mins , but if you take out norwich game it become 1 goal in 429 mins ...

this season he's been on the pitch 713 mins scoring 4 goals , 1 goal every 178 mins played.

the total is 8 goals in 1222 mins played , 1 every 152 mins played , hardly world class numbers. also worst if take out the norwich hat trick , 1 goal every 228 mins played.

this are NOT world class numbers , and surely not an adeguate return from an £11M a year (after tax) striker.

if he himself wants to stay then there surely should be an extension form handed out to him to put his John Hancock on

cuz if he doesn't sign who are we going to sign as his replacement? Balotelli is not improving in the short term, and we simply cannot rely on Aguero to carry the load every match. and i say Dzeko's just been hitting one of his hot streaks lately. he might just go cold any matchday now

so Tevez should be offered that extension, provides he does not wanna haul his arse back to Argy just yet

MSP said:
LongLang said:
MSP said:
RVP is much more appreciated footballer in every sense than Tevez is. And he went for 24 millions being few months younger than Tevez will be in June next year when he'll enter last year of his contract.

SO, if his contract is extended to pick more money when selling him, he'll stay till 2014 at least and will be 30.5 years old.

He was one of those players who were talked about like they Could be great, but only ever lived up to the hype last season. Sure he always looked decent, but not outstanding until last season.
Carlos has been held in very high regard (football wise) since west ham. He offers different options to a team than rvp, but for me, better work rate out ranks a good free kick, we have that in kolarov. I prefer carlos' bull in a china shop to rvps gazzelle in a field. I also think carlos would fit a lot easier into most teams, ( because of his bullish attitude) whereas rvp may find it hard being a focal point in a strange setup.
This of course is just my opinion, but i believe carlos to be a better player than rvp, his only flaw is the bullshit that comes with him, in the name of kia wotshisface. If he ever binned this leech and got a decent agent (if there is such a thing) im willing to bet he would have a lot less off the field issues and a lot more interest from other high profile clubs.
I also think the reason the majority of transfer deals tabled for tevez, are ruined by kismas involvement, either directly by pricing him out of a move, or indirectly because they dont want him near their club. Again this is just my opinion.

Well, sum that all up and you'll see why he won't be sold for 30 millions. It doesn't matter why and if he is worth of it (I think he's not in his age) but he just won't get sold for that money.

Last summer was last when we could possibly get that sort of cash but in reality it's only 4-5 clubs that could pay that amount, maybe even less with wages added.

That is my point, if he is 30 mil rated ability wise, why sell and end up out of pocket, and without a very very good forward. Tie his contract up now and we are safe from having to sell on the cheap with 6 months on his contract.
Hes more valuable as an asset we have than an asset we lose for less than hes worth.
To be fair i may have not worded my points as well as i could but im on my phone and ots hard to keep where im up to while typing. :s

WimbledonRd said:
Money can buy a lot of things - loyalty is not one of them.
We can get another Tevez with the money we have, what we can't afford is another 6 months without a striker we desperately need.

What he did might be a way back, but whoever thinks that this is an isolated incident is in for a rude awakening.
It was an isolated incident, brought about by Mancini's lack of 'man management' skills. If you talk to people 'like dogs' you will always get a bad response. Tevez has been a fantastic player in the English league for many years, and it is terrible that Mancini's combative nature has caused so many people to see him in a distorted light. He has always given his all on the pitch and this one incident seems to have made you forget all he has done in the city shirt. I hope he gets an extended deal because he is just a great player and we are lucky to have him.

-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:34 pm --

ZZmaestro said:
Tevez is a unique gem of a player, there is hardly 3 or 4 other strikers in the world who could match his profile : a clinical finisher, great composure with the ball, great workrate and a unique abbility to rome behind the front strikers, a sort of attacking 10.
I can only think of Benzema, or Ibrahimovic right now to replace him effectively.
Extending his contract is a no brainer.
Completely Agree!<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm --<br /><br />
leighton said:
I would love to see him stay. Saying that I think he might want to end his playing days back at Boca Juniors. Weather thats at the end of this contract or a new contract here. I dont think money will be a object for Tevez. Hell when he was awol he didnt miss his wages that much he. No matter what I am delighted that Tevez played for the club. He is a world class striker. Even looking at him he can create goals and score goals the complete player for me. I know Kun is some player too but Carlos has been Citys best signing since the takeover for me.
Agreed!!

Because I think club would rather go for some younger striker on similar or even less wages. Economically, it's just logical to sell him next year and buy another striker with that money than to left him while his selling potential goes down..

You would do it for Yaya or Kompany etc.. but I don't think there's genuine good feeling between City and Tevez and his camp after all that happened. I might be wrong but I think it's just that both sides have accepted that nothing realistic could be made so keep low profile and do the stuff until it does.

green pennies said:
I think lifting that trophy changed him on some level. I think a lot of players look at their career as a ladder they are climbing, never wanting to tarry too long on any one rung for fear of stagnation. But being a champion may have made Carlitos think that the rung he is currently on is damn near the top one, or near enough as makes no difference.

That said, Real and Barca probably still a rung higher to most players (and to be fair, probably in reality too), so if they come a calling...

But yeah, I don't see how anyone could argue that a player is in a better situation at AC Milan or PSG. Yeah, Milan offers a lot of nice perks and a lovely setting, but I'd have our squad over theirs every time. And PSG splashes the cash and offers European football, but the league is not prestigious.

So, to answer the original question: Extend it if he sees MCFC as the destination, and not the journey. I think that's all we fans ask for.
Great Post<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 pm --<br /><br />
LongLang said:
MSP said:
LongLang said:

You talk a lot of sense

I just can't see it personally. It's like all of the stars needed for an exit have aligned at once.

IF he was three years younger then possibly.
IF he was on less money then possibly.
IF there weren't a deluge of strikers around at the moment, then possibly.
IF the Bayern thing never happened then possibly.
IF FFP wasn't introduced then possibly.

But all of those things did happen. Even if you subtract two or three of those reasons, the other two are good enough reasons not to extend his contract.

Financially it doesn't make sense unless he literally has a Messi like couple of seasons. He needs to show us that he's worth his wage and his last big payday. This would be around £250k or so it can be assumed from legitimate press reports. Is a 30 year old Tevez worth that to us when we could get a younger, hungrier but still top class player for half of the money?

I just don't see it.

I'd actually argue that there's nobody in the squad who, going into their 30s when the new contract comes up, we would extend at 250k+. Perhaps Yaya.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.