should the final be switched to old trafford?

Pigeonho said:
The idea is bang on, but the money men who need to pay for the rip off that is the Wembley build costs will say no all day long.
Despite the fact that the final was always played there before. Im sorry the argument holds up for the semi finals but when it comes to the final its just a bullshit argument

KO time doesn't particularly bother me

Making it the sole game of the weekend, and the last game of the domestic season is more important.

Not sure how we managed to do this for decades and the suddenly it's supposedly impossible to schedule. There are after all only 38 league games now, when there used to be 42. perhaps it's down to the conflict between the FA and the Premier League and two organisations running the domestic game

Marvin said:
KO time doesn't particularly bother me

Making it the sole game of the weekend, and the last game of the domestic season is more important.

Not sure how we managed to do this for decades and the suddenly it's supposedly impossible to schedule. There are after all only 38 league games now, when there used to be 42. perhaps it's down to the conflict between the FA and the Premier League and two organisations running the domestic game
Champions League final

No way , the Rags already have an over inflated sense of their own importance. If English footballs flagship fixture was held at their ground they'd actually feel part of it , regardless or not of the fact they weren't playing. I would not want the swamp to be beamed around the world promoting the evil empire.

Terrible Idea !

only one place for the cup final to be played,and thats wembley,you cant beat watching your club there.best stadium in europe,let alone england

As much as I dislike public transport and being tired and weary there is no other place to stage the cup final.
From being searched at Piccadilly station, jostled on the train in the queue for the bog/coffee bar, jammed into a packed and sweaty tube train, paying £5 a pint for warm guinness and trying to piss into a bog that was blocked 5 hours earlier but has continued to fill up.................to winning the game and doing it all again on the way home to arrive in the early hours of the next day, knackered and then try to stay awake while you watch the game that the Mrs recorded for you on Sky+
Would I prefer that to going to the swamp and being back home in time for Ant & Dec?
Too right I would !!!!!
Roll on May 11th.

Pigeonho said:
The idea is bang on, but the money men who need to pay for the rip off that is the Wembley build costs will say no all day long.
Unfortunately this is the truth of the situation.
Football fans will always be ripped off by the FA.

But as to de nero's question , YES I think it should be switched.

If you are a City or Wigan fan then you would be more or less guaranteed a ticket for the match whereas what will happen will be 40,000 tickets will go to Club Wembley members and the FA Family.

I don't actually think Old Trafford is a decent stadium as far as the spectator is concerned. They have one massive stand which bumps up their capacity but on the top tier your view is 3 roofs and a tiny pitch. When we extend the Etihad it (and the Emirates) will surpass OT in every way as far as the spectator is concerned even if they are still getting an extra 12000 or so plastics in there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.