Should they have kicked the ball out....

King Of The Kippax

....before their first goal y/day?

In your opinion were Liverpool right to continue with Dzeko lay on the floor or do you think that they should have done the 'gentlemens' thing & kicked it out of play?

Now IMO they were right to continue & i think thats how it should be BUT we need consistency. For example they kicked the ball out when someone was injured in the second half, so why not the first?

It'll be interesting to see peoples thought on this matter

Play should carry on until the ref says otherwise.

But we need consistency from refs, how many times have we seen play stopped in similar sort of situations. Or play allowed to continue until the attacking team loses possession and then the ref stops play.

They were right to play on and I would have done the same. If more teams did the same less players would fake injury.

They did the right thing to be honest we did the wrong thing. Dzeko wasn't injured it was just a very bad referees decision not something dangerous or liverpools fault. You stop play for a head knock or an injury not because a striker doesn't like the ref's decision. In the second half aguero took a knock in an aerial challenge to his head/shoulder hence they stopped

There was no whistle, Dzeko was just lying on the pitch so... they were right to continue.

This is the one thing we don't need consistency on. It's up to each team what they do. The referee will stop the game if he feels someone is badly injured. Liverpool were well within their rights to play on. I dare say some other teams may have kicked the ball out but that's up to them.

It was a clear foul and yellow card on Dzeko and it was playing on the minds of our players - so imho the ref (and linesman) did influence the game at that point.

No need for Liverpool to have put the ball out if the ref hasn't given the free kick but should the ref be telling/advising their players what to do while the game is in progress i.e. to not put the ball out?

I don't know the exact words used but Sturridge has said the ref told them not to put it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.