Should they have kicked the ball out....

ForzaMancini said:
Yes, 90% of the time teams do, especially considering it wasn't at a key time in the game. They didn't know Dzeko was faking it. However, you can hardly blame them for not kicking it out, its still in the rules that its their choice. All the blame lies with the ref and the linesman who didn't rule it as a foul.

That's the problem though, the fault was with the officials, the blame lies with Edin. Free kick should have been given but wasn't.

Players now should be able to insist on that decision by staying down and 'forcing' the opposition to put the ball out? Effectively Liverpool's players deciding it should have been a foul, over-ruling the ref and putting the ball out?

Don't be fucking stupid. The whole putting the ball out issue came about due to injuries and getting players quick treatment.

When free kciks are incorrectly given do you expect the side with the incorrect advantage to concede possession? Again don't be fucking stupid.

The dippers have history of this against the rags a coupe of weeks ago. Reina was injured in his area and the scousers carried on until united got the ball and broke away in theor own half. Webb then blew up to stop play!!

bluefromleve32 said:
Gray said:
Foul on Dzeko not given (nothing new there) so play on and concentrate, Lescott had a chance to clear but made a balls of it.

Dzeko = not injured so should have got up and not rolled around like a wimp, pretty soon was rushing around confronting the official when Pool scored and got booked for doing so the stupid pratt.

Two goals from accurate long range shots, we should have somebody closing down in these situations - don't they train for such an event during the week?

I wish Hart would come a couple of yards off his line when the ball is well outside the penalty box this makes all the difference to the amount of the goal you can cover if a long range shot comes in and you can still get back for a lob. From 24 yards a keeper with a total reach of 9 foot leaves a 3 foot gap at either post when staying on his line, if he advances 6 foot this gap becomes a matter of inches.

jesus H, if only joe hart, one of the best goal keepers in the world read this all our problems would be solved. maybe he doesnt do as you say because hes one of the best goal keepers in the world and knows more than you will ever know about being one of the best goal keeper in the world.
I wasn't trying to tell him how to do his job, just making an observation. All players can improve and if Hart has a weakness it is definitely long range shots close to his posts, a few yards off his line and he would have saved most of them.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Dzeko wasn't injured end of. He made himself look a complete cock.

If I was Mancini I would have subbed him at half time because the players stopped playing and it cost us a goal.

The players didn't stop playing. Dzeko had every right to be pissed off at the linesman for not giving a foul. Suggesting he is to blame for the goal is absolute nonsense. END OF

Wasn't a head injury so play should have continued.

The ref was spot on with his decision. We seemed to switch off though.

kiran111 said:
Wasn't a head injury so play should have continued.

The ref was spot on with his decision. We seemed to switch off though.

surely we could argue that the mental state that edin was in to make him feign injury and try and force the game to be stopped could be defined as an injurious condition of the head?

As such the ref should have stopped the game instead of shouting "go on lads, have a pop, they've got one on the deck" to Gerrard and his pals...

I'll phone the lawyers...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.