Should they have kicked the ball out....

i dont know whether edin was injured, unlike some who it appears definitely know.

i do know it was a foul and we should of been awarded a foul.

sturridge said the ref told liverpool not to kick the ball out, if sturridge was telling the truth ? the bald head bastard was out of order.

r.soleofsalford said:
i dont know whether edin was injured, unlike some who it appears definitely know.

sturridge said the ref told liverpool not to kick the ball out, if sturridge was telling the truth ? the bald head bastard was out of order.

I think the ref just told them to play on, meaning that they didn't have to kick it out which is fair enough.

Caveman said:
Bilboblue said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
no way, liverpool had the right to play on, we can whinge about it, but we had chances to clear the ball and didnt.

Yep.

Terrible mistake by Garcia to give the ball away again once he had got it.

Liverpool did exactly ther right thing. We only have ourselves to blame.
He didn't give it away, it defelcted into his shins. It was about seven or eight of them, though, who were waiting around thinking they were going to kick it out. Barry was even pointing to the sideline. Very poor play all round by us.

even after we gave it away, the fact that sturridge wasnt even pressed is what does my head in.

No Liverpool was well within their rights to play on. It was the referee to blame by missing a blatant foul.

Also the referee was just as bad in the second half for not stopping play before Liverpool kicked the ball out. Aguero had gone down after challenging for a header and landed funny. This is when the referee should stop the game as it was a potential head injury but the ref just played on.

King Of The Kippax said:
....before their first goal y/day?

In your opinion were Liverpool right to continue with Dzeko lay on the floor or do you think that they should have done the 'gentlemens' thing & kicked it out of play?

Now IMO they were right to continue & i think thats how it should be BUT we need consistency. For example they kicked the ball out when someone was injured in the second half, so why not the first?

It'll be interesting to see peoples thought on this matter

Liverpool were right to play on.

The ref/liner was wrong not to give the foul in the first place.
The blame is with them, not the liverpool players.
Plus as soon as the game stopped dzeko was up and fine, so kicking the ball out when there was nothing up with him except a tantrum wouldnt have been fair play reciprocated.

Also, i know ive seen it elsewhere but sturridge got a load of shit yesterday, and as far as i can see, he has been nothing but respectful to us. Leave the kid alone, he looks like he is going to be very good and i wish him all the best for the future.
A big loss, since leslie decided the rape case was a better player?!?

No.

Liverpool should have adhered to whatever the referee told them to do, and he told them to play on. The rules are very clear and, as much as we don't like it, they were well within their rights to keep playing.

My issue wasn't with Liverpool, it was with the referee. It was a clear foul on Dzeko, I thought so at the time and, having endured MOTD2, I'm convinced it was now. Agger (I believe) went straight through the back of Dzeko, it was about as clear cut a decision as you're likely to get. Quite why the referee decided to allow play to continue is beyond me (although, given this was the same referee who sent off, not one, but two players in the West Ham v Everton game this season, only for both to be recinded, him being woefully inept was no surprise). He then compounded the problem by, when we'd won the ball back, not blowing his whistle then to stop play. Instead he allowed us to slose the ball and then Liverpool to score.

We should have been 1-0 up with a freekick 40 yards from Liverpool's goal, not taking a kick off at 1-1. THAT'S my issue, not whether Liverpool should have put the ball out or played on.

cheddar404 said:
r.soleofsalford said:

I think the ref just told them to play on, meaning that they didn't have to kick it out which is fair enough.

this is what i presume was said, it`s just not what sturridge said.

Watching the game with 2 Liverpool mates. They were both rightly kicking off at Dzeko and I was agreeing with them. If it had been the other way round, I would definitely want City to carry on playing but I also agree that there is little consistency.

Sometimes the ref stops play for an 'injury' which is clearly not serious, other times they don't. Needs clearing up.

r.soleofsalford said:

He didn't help his cause by the miraculous recovery he made so he could abuse the lino after the goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.