Should they have kicked the ball out....

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
no way, liverpool had the right to play on, we can whinge about it, but we had chances to clear the ball and didnt.

Yep.

Terrible mistake by Garcia to give the ball away again once he had got it.

Liverpool did exactly ther right thing. We only have ourselves to blame.

No, I wouldnt have.

However we shouldnt even be discussing this because the foul should have been given anyway (and Dzeko should have got up)

NO. They were right not to.

I never want us to kick it out inn the same situation.

No a team should always play to the whistle. It was a foul though and the ref got that wrong.

Another thing if you watched the highlights of the West Brom - Spurs game there was a tackle and Clattenberg didn't give a foul but blew the whistle instantly and that wasn't a head injury.

Bilboblue said:
no way, liverpool had the right to play on, we can whinge about it, but we had chances to clear the ball and didnt.

Yep.

He didn't give it away, it defelcted into his shins. It was about seven or eight of them, though, who were waiting around thinking they were going to kick it out. Barry was even pointing to the sideline. Very poor play all round by us.

I can only say what I think our team would have done, I am pretty sure we would have kicked the ball out (like Dzeko did in the second half). If someone looks to be injured then I think his fellow players should do the right thing. However there are plenty of cheats out there that feign injury, I just think that Dzeko isn't one of them.

With that said I would prefer to see play continue, I don't think its fair to blame our players for wanting the ball to be put out of play though as normally it is if a player doesn't get up after a few seconds by most teams.

Caveman said:
Bilboblue said:

Yep.

He didn't give it away, it defelcted into his shins. It was about seven or eight of them, though, who were waiting around thinking they were going to kick it out. Barry was even pointing to the sideline. Very poor play all round by us.

He had a chance to clear it, he didn't, hence he gave it away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.