Should they have kicked the ball out....

The Game 77 said:
It was a foul on Dzeko first but you play to the whistle end of story.
City where piss poor on Sunday for the first time in ages we looked scared of the opposing team thank god Yaya is back and just hope Vinny's comes back soon

It was a definite foul but the Ref consistently gave us nothing all day. I don't think we were scared of the dippers but I got the sense that the gap to the scum and the pressure to close is getting to some of the players and maybe Mancini as well.

just waiting for this to happen to liverpool & my god we`ll hear some whinging then. Two faced bastards

No. Dzeko wasn't hurt at all. He just wanted to complain about the foul not being called. He figured if he rolled around a bit they would put the ball out and he could have a go at the ref. The blew the call but get over it and get back in the game and help your teamates. Footballers in general need to stop with all the historyonics all the time. Too often see players stop playing to so they can throw their hands in the air and miss out on scoring opertunities as a result.

strongbowholic said:
Not sure why one of our lot (seeing as we were struggling to get the ball back) didn't simply commit a foul?
This somebody should have gone right in the back of one them , as they were doing with aguero and dzeko all afternoon, the ref was wank

mancunial said:
strongbowholic said:
Not sure why one of our lot (seeing as we were struggling to get the ball back) didn't simply commit a foul?
This somebody should have gone right in the back of one them , as they were doing with aguero and dzeko all afternoon, the ref was wank
The ref did exactly what he was sent to do , its just that we managed to get a draw dispite him.

It was a clear foul on Dzeko and if, between them, the referee and linesman can't spot that then they should be seeking alternative employment. When Dzeko didn't get the foul he should have got up straight away. He wasn't injured and rolling around poll-axed just brought about confusion and was embarrassing when he eventually jumped up. If the referee indicated to Sturridge to "play on" he should have made that clear to everyone because I saw no obvious gesture. That said, Taylor didn't have a great day, at one point when City got a free-kick he actually only paced out 8 yards, by the time Kolorov took the kick, the wall was almost on top of him. On the football side, I thought we let Liverpool over-run us. We didn't keep our shape, our patience or the ball.

Dzeko wasn't injured end of. He made himself look a complete cock.

If I was Mancini I would have subbed him at half time because the players stopped playing and it cost us a goal.

Yes, 90% of the time teams do, especially considering it wasn't at a key time in the game. They didn't know Dzeko was faking it. However, you can hardly blame them for not kicking it out, its still in the rules that its their choice. All the blame lies with the ref and the linesman who didn't rule it as a foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.