Should they have kicked the ball out....

If the boot was on the other foot I suspect Liverpool and their supporters would have expected us to kick the ball out.

If you get clattered from behind its takes a good few seconds to get back up. Your brain and body has to decipher if its hurt or not. I'm not sure what influence Dzeko would have on the play if he had got straight up, the ball was passed quickly forward. I suspect the other players would have not taken their minds off the game wondering if he was injured or not.

However we should not be having this discussion if the match officials were competent.

They probably should have done but we still should have been able to get around them and stop someone scoring from that range.

Same with the Gerrard goal, why anyone didn't think to be stood in that area when the man is renown for doing that I don't know.

Not sure why one of our lot (seeing as we were struggling to get the ball back) didn't simply commit a foul?

Carver said:
No feck off all of you. It wasn't the fact that Dzeko just had a bit of a kick to the back of his leg that would have hurt for about 20 seconds and he was play acting and having a strop afterwards. It was the fact that the referee missed a clear foul and told Liverpool to play on to cover up his embarrassment once he realised that he'd missed something, they knew it was a foul and should have kicked it out in a 'fair's fair', you should have had a foul basis.

If it shouldn't have been a foul then yes, they should have played on, but there were enough players in red shirts that saw that it was a foul to do the right, moralistic thing.

It wasn't about playing on due to an injury, it was about having respect towards your fellow professional.

Classless!

^^^^ 100% correct.

skashion said:
It would seem that this form of sporting etiquette is dead then from reading the responses on this thread.

Nail.....Head.....BANG!

Almost everybody else seems to have read the rulebook and quoted what they've read with a ..."but, the ref said"... slant.

I'd go one step further Mr. skashion and say, SPORT IS DEAD!

the-ecstacy-of-eight said:
Carver said:
No feck off all of you. It wasn't the fact that Dzeko just had a bit of a kick to the back of his leg that would have hurt for about 20 seconds and he was play acting and having a strop afterwards. It was the fact that the referee missed a clear foul and told Liverpool to play on to cover up his embarrassment once he realised that he'd missed something, they knew it was a foul and should have kicked it out in a 'fair's fair', you should have had a foul basis.

If it shouldn't have been a foul then yes, they should have played on, but there were enough players in red shirts that saw that it was a foul to do the right, moralistic thing.

It wasn't about playing on due to an injury, it was about having respect towards your fellow professional.

Classless!

^^^^ 100% correct.

skashion said:
It would seem that this form of sporting etiquette is dead then from reading the responses on this thread.

Nail.....Head.....BANG!

Almost everybody else seems to have read the rulebook and quoted what they've read with a ..."but, the ref said"... slant.

I'd go one step further Mr. skashion and say, SPORT IS DEAD!

Grow up. If we had just defended properly then it wouldn't have mattered how long that lump of shit was play acting for.

If they hadn't scored it wouldn't have been an issue apart from the ref probably have given a foul. Why couldn't we have just been professional and played to the whistle like you're taught from being kids.

Once again, only ourselves to blame and are now looking for a scapegoat.

Foul on Dzeko not given (nothing new there) so play on and concentrate, Lescott had a chance to clear but made a balls of it.

Dzeko = not injured so should have got up and not rolled around like a wimp, pretty soon was rushing around confronting the official when Pool scored and got booked for doing so the stupid pratt.

Two goals from accurate long range shots, we should have somebody closing down in these situations - don't they train for such an event during the week?

I wish Hart would come a couple of yards off his line when the ball is well outside the penalty box this makes all the difference to the amount of the goal you can cover if a long range shot comes in and you can still get back for a lob. From 24 yards a keeper with a total reach of 9 foot leaves a 3 foot gap at either post when staying on his line, if he advances 6 foot this gap becomes a matter of inches.

I wish Hart would come a couple of yards off his line when the ball is well outside the penalty box this makes all the difference to the amount of the goal you can cover if a long range shot comes in and you can still get back for a lob. From 24 yards a keeper with a total reach of 9 foot leaves a 3 foot gap at either post when staying on his line, if he advances 6 foot this gap becomes a matter of inches.

Fair point, that might have saved us a few goals this season.

nevilletogoater-in said:
Grow up. If we had just defended properly then it wouldn't have mattered how long that lump of shit was play acting for.

If they hadn't scored it wouldn't have been an issue apart from the ref probably have given a foul. Why couldn't we have just been professional and played to the whistle like you're taught from being kids.

Once again, only ourselves to blame and are now looking for a scapegoat.

GROW UP ? HA! Kids cheat at games, men play them in the spirit of it being a game.

The "WIN AT ALL COSTS" mentality of today's sporting "heroes" was what I was on about. It's a fucking game, that's all it is, isn't it? The "rules" that everybody on here keep bleeting out like sheep are bent and twisted by the players as and when they please and all I can see is that the slippery slope; that football isn't even trying to climb and is happy to slide down; is having a few more gallons of viscous liquid added to it. Just my opinion, and that....

Goes out for a throw off me, tell the ref it's my ball;
Goes in off my hand deliberately, act all innocent and celebrate, maybe even throw a strop if it's disallowed;
Dive in the area to get a pen;
Feign injury to get a player sent off;
....etc....etc...etc.
Just sickens me mate, like I said it's a game and I've always hated the injustices caused by cheating.

Oh, and how many players have you seen go down under innocuous looking challenges or no challenge at all and thought to yourself "play acting lump of shit" only to discover "oh, he's done his cruciate"?

I'm not arsed about the fact that a goal came from the incident if I'm being honest, yeah we could have defended better, but we could have done lots of things couldn't we.

Gray said:
Foul on Dzeko not given (nothing new there) so play on and concentrate, Lescott had a chance to clear but made a balls of it.

Dzeko = not injured so should have got up and not rolled around like a wimp, pretty soon was rushing around confronting the official when Pool scored and got booked for doing so the stupid pratt.

Two goals from accurate long range shots, we should have somebody closing down in these situations - don't they train for such an event during the week?

jesus H, if only joe hart, one of the best goal keepers in the world read this all our problems would be solved. maybe he doesnt do as you say because hes one of the best goal keepers in the world and knows more than you will ever know about being one of the best goal keeper in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.