Should they stay or should they go?

Cancelo going is a given, even if it is a loan and we pay most of his wages. He won't ever play for City again.

Gomes seems to be having a decent Euro U21 tournament (2 goals 2 assists) so I think bare minimum he gets a good loan somewhere or we even get £15m-£20m for him.

Phillips is a tough one because on one hand you want to give him that extra season, but on the other he seems to have really struggled last year with the mental step up. I just got the feeling he had a case of imposter syndrome at times last season. He couldn't quite believe where he was. No doubt there is a player there but the psychological step-up is huge at this level.

Phillips saving grace will be Bernardo going along with Gundogan because in no way can we give ourselves that much of a rebuild in midfield.

Laporte will inevitably be a loan. I think the club will price him out of most clubs on the continent leaving only PL teams able to afford him of whom we won't sell to. Also rumours are he turned down Spurs which makes you wonder he has a very narrow market for himself this summer.

I think Mahrez will leave to Saudi as well. The financial package will be too big to turn down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.