Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

mancitygaz said:
Not read the whole thread so don't know if already stated.

If someone is on benefits then they shouldn't be able to afford foreign holidays. Benefits should provide enough to see people meet living costs and not much more.

I wouldn't want to stop anyone going abroad but if someone who isn't working went on a foreign jolly and if it was any of my business, then I'd want to know how the fuck they paid for it.
Why stop at holidays? Let's make sure the never shop at M&S and only frequent Aldi, cut off their sky tv and only allow them to buy clothes from Primark, the dirty scum.

exileindevon said:
depends how long you save up for.10 quid a week over year simples
how do you get a holiday for 3/4 for £520.00 in the school hols think 3K on a cheepy more like it (inc spends)<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
mancitygaz said:

If someone is on benefits then they shouldn't be able to afford foreign holidays. Benefits should provide enough to see people meet living costs and not much more.

I wouldn't want to stop anyone going abroad but if someone who isn't working went on a foreign jolly and if it was any of my business, then I'd want to know how the fuck they paid for it.
Why stop at holidays? Let's make sure the never shop at M&S and only frequent Aldi, cut off their sky tv and only allow them to buy clothes from Primark, the dirty scum.

are you bitter or sarcastic on this, i'm both
to many camps in my world to come down on one side

andyhinch said:
exileindevon said:
depends how long you save up for.10 quid a week over year simples
how do you get a holiday for 3/4 for £520.00 in the school hols think 3K on a cheepy more like it (inc spends)

-- Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm --

SWP's back said:
mancitygaz said:

are you bitter or sarcastic on this, i'm both
to many camps in my world to come down on one side
who said anything about kids or spends

Has anyone thought that they might have had the holiday bought for them by a relative?

My neice is currently on Income Support as a lone parent while she is going through a mental health nursing course, my parents have taken them on a couple of holidays while she is at Uni, I have lent them my tent for breaks away, her daughters father has bought my great neice clothes for trips away etc, so how do we know that this person hasnt a parent that pays for the break as the warmer climate could help the persons neck pain?

(or does this not fit in with the daily fail witch-hunt?)

SWP's back said:
mancitygaz said:

Good idea, it would leave more in the pot for those who genuinely deserve help and better medical treatment for those on disability payments.

law74 said:
Has anyone thought that they might have had the holiday bought for them by a relative?

My neice is currently on Income Support as a lone parent while she is going through a mental health nursing course, my parents have taken them on a couple of holidays while she is at Uni, I have lent them my tent for breaks away, her daughters father has bought my great neice clothes for trips away etc, so how do we know that this person hasnt a parent that pays for the break as the warmer climate could help the persons neck pain?

(or does this not fit in with the daily fail witch-hunt?)

It does not fit the witch hunt.

A good few of us have tried to explain that we don't know the situation but honestly the arguments either fall on deaf ears, are read by idiots who have no concept of a world outside their own or just ignored.

or some people just like an argument.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.