Should this whiny woman I know be allowed to go on holiday?

Re: Should people on benefits be allowed abroad?

anymore than 2sheiks said:
SWP's back said:
The Pink Panther said:
OK this thread has turned into a bit of a tiff so I've not read from page 5.
Has anyone pointed out, if this lady is on the sick and suffering with neck problems, she will have to declare this to her holiday insurance company or she will not be covered.
If she has declared it, she will have to pay a premium, which could in fact turn out to be a small fortune.
If she hasn't and something happens whilst she's away which makes her condition worse and renders her immobile, she won't be covered
If this scenario happens, how would you feel if she then puts an SOS out for people to bail her out?
Majorca is part of the EU and as such, she needs not bother with travel insurance as an E 111 will suffice.
Are you sure mate? We have the E111 but were told that we also need to take out medical insurance as well.

Who has told youyou need to have medical insurance???

stonerblue said:
SWP's back said:
Majorca is part of the EU and as such, she needs not bother with travel insurance as an E 111 will suffice.
Are you sure mate? We have the E111 but were told that we also need to take out medical insurance as well.

You need additional cover if you take medication or suffer from a medical condition.Any excuse from these slimy insurers to not pay out if you don`t declare irrespective of whether they are in the EU or not.

oakiecokie said:
stonerblue said:

You need additional cover if you take medication or suffer from a medical condition.Any excuse from these slimy insurers to not pay out if you don`t declare irrespective of whether they are in the EU or not.

You don't have to have insurance to travel

stonerblue said:
oakiecokie said:
stonerblue said:

Quite correct,but you should cover yourself for medical treatment,especially if you are being treated for something or on full medication.The E111 will only cover you for hospital treatment usually outside of your illness/es

You dont have to because you can pay. medical card covers you a bit i.e big stay in hospital etc for small nothings you still pay on both I had food poisoning in spain some quack gave me a jab uo the arse and a drink charged me with 150 euros could go ona rant now stuck in a hotel that I can't smoke in

oakiecokie said:
stonerblue said:
oakiecokie said:

Quite correct,but you should cover yourself for medical treatment,especially if you are being treated for something or on full medication.The E111 will only cover you for hospital treatment usually outside of your illness/es

that's all a matter of choice though oakie. i',m just pointing out to '2sheiks' that insurance isn't obligatory and whoever told him it was will probably try and sell him/her an overpriced policy.

stonerblue said:
oakiecokie said:
stonerblue said:

that's all a matter of choice though oakie. i',m just pointing out to '2sheiks' that insurance isn't obligatory and whoever told him it was will probably try and sell him/her an overpriced policy.

Yes mate I saw that afterwards, as I thought we were still discussing Glens mate,who has a medical condition.I know because I take out a worldwide one every 12 months because of my disability.Not worth the risk for me mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.