Should we be looking at new kit deal?- new update pg34 Chelsea NIKE DEAL

I'd be suprised if Nike sign a deal with The Rent Boys,it was reported before the new year on some LFC ITK twitter's that Billy Hogan the Liverpool Commercial director has been talking with Nike to be the kit supplier when the New Balance deal runs out after the 2017-2018 season,and any deal with NIKE will be above the £50 million a season New Balance are currently paying.

I don't see Nike paying 2 premier league teams massive deals when Barcelona's Nike deal is also up for renewal in 2018.

If Spurs are getting 25m a year, what the hell is going on with our deal?

Fantastic if after loosing Chelsea, Adidas came to us.

Our paltry deal with Nike is a major source of annoyance within the club, particularly for Soriano.

It's hugely undervalued in the current market, but Nike have shown no sign that they're willing to renegotiate. Can only guess we don't have a similar clause to Chelsea with Adidas, otherwise presumably we would've bought our way out of it.

Our paltry deal with Nike is a major source of annoyance within the club, particularly for Soriano.

It's hugely undervalued in the current market, but Nike have shown no sign that they're willing to renegotiate. Can only guess we don't have a similar clause to Chelsea with Adidas, otherwise presumably we would've bought our way out of it.

Maybe it's us that should do a Chelsea with Nike and turn to whatever brand that is willing to deliver. As it seems the club and their fans are not happy with Nike. Nike is still a very big brand worldwide. I'm not sure how Nike looks at what is considdered as being undervalued in the current market. Unless you know how many products are being sold worldwide and how that number develops. Because that is probably the main issue to Nike. We are new to that market and it'll take another few years staying at the top (especially in the CL and PL) to get to the upcoming generation that will look to us in a different way. Same with the manner the media reports about us. As soon as we get the sympathy of more people i.e. more clicks in the media, it will change. In the end it's all about money.

@Ric we absolutely have to BUY ourselves out. Nevermind Soriano how do we continue to sign deals with no future proofing or have the ability to get out of clauses or deals.
This applies, to commercial deals and also players being sold.

Look at BARCA, always insert a buy back clause, ie. Denis Suarez why the heck do we not do that?

Any ways back to the KIT deal, i do not think we will get ADIDAS knocking on our door. They are firmly in the UNITED CAMP, I feel we ought to go to UNDER ARMOUR who make quality stuff and have made nice SPUDS kits, and say hey look your brand is on the up getting that global exposure same with us, let us kick the door down of the ESTABLISHMENT TOGETHER.

And get a fat deal with them, and we can be their NUMBER 1 club in their portfolio. Like liverpool is for NEW BALANCE.

@Ric we absolutely have to BUY ourselves out. Nevermind Soriano how do we continue to sign deals with no future proofing or have the ability to get out of clauses or deals.
This applies, to commercial deals and also players being sold.

Look at BARCA, always insert a buy back clause, ie. Denis Suarez why the heck do we not do that?

Any ways back to the KIT deal, i do not think we will get ADIDAS knocking on our door. They are firmly in the UNITED CAMP, I feel we ought to go to UNDER ARMOUR who make quality stuff and have made nice SPUDS kits, and say hey look your brand is on the up getting that global exposure same with us, let us kick the door down of the ESTABLISHMENT TOGETHER.

And get a fat deal with them, and we can be their NUMBER 1 club in their portfolio. Like liverpool is for NEW BALANCE.
Well if we have a contract with Nike which does not contain any escape clauses it may simply not be possible to get out of it. Sounds like a major (and very expensive) mistake on our part when we signed the deal.

Might I suggest it would be extremely short sighted of Nike to quibble over renegotiating a deal given it would certainly mean they have zero chance of our business going forwards when who knows what our kit deals could be worth?

Maybe it's us that should do a Chelsea with Nike and turn to whatever brand that is willing to deliver. As it seems the club and their fans are not happy with Nike. Nike is still a very big brand worldwide. I'm not sure how Nike looks at what is considdered as being undervalued in the current market. Unless you know how many products are being sold worldwide and how that number develops. Because that is probably the main issue to Nike. We are new to that market and it'll take another few years staying at the top (especially in the CL and PL) to get to the upcoming generation that will look to us in a different way. Same with the manner the media reports about us. As soon as we get the sympathy of more people i.e. more clicks in the media, it will change. In the end it's all about money.
There are two very different angles to this. The first, ours, is that we are major player in the "Biggest and Best League in the World" and are Semi-Finalist in the CL and so deserve the big money contracts that the rest of our peers are getting.
The other angle (Nike's), is all about sales. We don't sell as many shirts as Liverpool, United, Barca, Real etc worldwide. Say we sell 25% of the total that Barca sell, Nike will say that our deal should be 25% of Barca's. It's that simple in their eyes.

The fact that their kit's have been bang average is a total different argument.

There are two very different angles to this. The first, ours, is that we are major player in the "Biggest and Best League in the World" and are Semi-Finalist in the CL and so deserve the big money contracts that the rest of our peers are getting.
The other angle (Nike's), is all about sales. We don't sell as many shirts as Liverpool, United, Barca, Real etc worldwide. Say we sell 25% of the total that Barca sell, Nike will say that our deal should be 25% of Barca's. It's that simple in their eyes.

The fact that their kit's have been bang average is a total different argument.
Well it would surprise me if Tottenham would sell more shirts that us worldwide, and yet their deal is worth much mode, so at least we should be expecting something similar to what they get. That we cannot compete with the others you mention is probably correct.

Just seen all this.
I find myself looking at Txiki and Soriano with less than awe now, when they joined i though great stuff these gusy know the score.
Txiki has done so so and i knew this undervalued kit deal would bite us in the arse, this is on Soriano, i thought he was some super dealer ffs.

I very rarely slag our staff off but these guys need to pull their fucking finger out or fuck off. This undervalued kit deal sounds like amateur time to me, what the hell happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.