Should we be looking at new kit deal?- new update pg34 Chelsea NIKE DEAL

If Nike won't give us a better deal, whether that be at the end of the current contract or now if we have the ability to do a Chelsea, then we have no choice but to go with another company.

My first choice is Under Armour. They make great gear and they can do kits, balls, water bottles, head bands, beanies, baseball caps the whole nine yards. They already do it all and more. Designing equipment and putting our logo on it would be simple.

I know they want more exposure outside of the States. My mate at work has a daughter going to Italy for a youth football tournament. UA kitted out the whole team, 2 football kits, warm ups, slides, boots, etc for FREE. They don't give free or discounted gear to any domestic youth programs in my area to anyone as far as I know.

This desire for more exposure overseas, and our ascension in the football world, might help us get a better deal than Nike is offering. And did I mention I really rate their gear?

Couldn't hurt to approach Puma and see what they'd be willing to offer as well. With the uninspired cut and paste template designs coming from Nike I'd be more than happy with Puma if they produced a reasonable contract.

On the media exposure front this season has not been that bad. The Chumps league quarter and semi finals over two legs will have all had massive viewing figures. It is far more valuable than your average Prem league games or even Chumps league group games because the numbers of clubs are limited and interest is ramping up. Those big games are what all the marketing bods are after. Marketing wise this will have been a good year / possibly as good as any.

Of course TV viewing figures are hugely important mate, no question about that. But social media and traditional media exposure is hugely important for brand exposure in the modern world. From what I can tell, our social media strategy is decent, we are pretty innovative on social media and probably punch slightly above our weight as a club on that side. We're in the top 5 or 6 clubs in the world on most social media platforms.

But on traditional press media and their online editions we are miles behind our competitors. The column inches and holding page headlines we get on national news websites now is probably a 5th of what it was 3 years ago. Any article and photo in national news reaches millions of people in the UK alone every day, and that's free exposure for sponsors. The Shite, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea get far more exposure than us in those mediums, because they have established fan bases and executives, managers, and players who actively engage with the media. Our only voice in the media is Pellegrini and he only does it because he is contractually obliged to.

Guardiola's charisma will completely change all of that. I expect his press conferences to be absolutely packed out with national media and he will give them so much more to work with. Our press exposure will go up exponentially next year, and I'm sure sponsors will be very pleased about that.

Newcastle also sell at least 500k shirts a year in a one team city.

Nike know they have got lucky in recent seasons with us, they won't feel compelled to hand us a rise until the current deal is into the final 12 months.

They also know City won't go to adidas. The main reason Chelsea are leaving them is because they won't stump up more and the extra given to United and Bayern.
assuming then that Adidas wont stump up for more than one "global" team per league, and we end up jacking nike that doesn't leave a lot. Umbro might be great and did produce us some great kits but they are just nike mini and seem to supply the "smaller" club, Puma you would suspect concentrate on Arse and I've not been wholly convinced, that doesn't leave . New Balance have so far looked shit for dippers, Under Armour likewise for spurs though both have offered improvements on the respective designs year on year. Personally whilst they gave us that horrific laser blue out of all the options left I'd forgive Kappa and welcome them back. They produced a nice outfit for Leeds this last year and seem now to understand the need to remain loyal to a clubs traditional colours. We'll just stick with Nike in the end though I suspect and we'll just keep turning out in their identikit templates.

I'm sure there are some cracking Chinese kit manufacturers, time to fuck Nike off and that shitty deal.

There kits are bland and shit also

The other thing I forgot to mention a couple of pages back is that the big firms all want to get their poster-boy players signed up on a "triple" deal. From the firms point of view, having a top player wearing their boots, wearing their club shirt and also national shirt is the holy trinity - that's why Adidas took the Wales kit on straight after Gareth Bale signed for Madrid.

There are a serious amount of deals that are influenced by this sort of carry on - basically the firms wont allow their competitors to do it on the cheap. It's embarrassing for the big brands to have their ambassadors wearing the competitions clobber:
Adidas main man, Messi, wears a Nike club shirt.
Nike main man, Ronaldo, wears an Adidas club shirt.
Puma poster boys, Fabregas/Aguero wear Adidas/Nike. etc etc etc

The mega kit deals are more to do with the Superstar players rather than the club itself. The players and agents know this, hence a big focus on contracts these days is "image rights". Adidas took United off Nike for mega money, soon after the England kits went to Nike to stop Rooney wearing the "triple".

In regards to Liverpool's deal, Warrior (bought out by New Balance) were new to the game so had to make a big splash to get noticed. The same with Under Armour with Spurs.

4501670b2d9a656b038d9528929ba0d3
In regards to Liverpool's deal, Warrior (bought out by New Balance) were new to the game so had to make a big splash to get noticed. The same with Under Armour with Spurs.
£300 million for 6 years in the warrior/new balance deals,FSG's baeball team the Redsox were also with Warrior and now NB as well,Spurs were getting 16 million a year a year with Under Armour.

But anyway i found this tweet regarding Adidas/Chelsea.

4d3ef42e3b4ad35f642267417bf1a428.png

I've just seen this article that claims Chelsea sold more shirts than The Shite last year. I just can't get my heard around it, I don't believe it's true.

Liverpool not in the top 10? Not even close to Athletico Madrid? I just can't see it, but it's being reported so I thought I'd post it on here.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...more-shirts-than-manchester-united-in-2015-16
Well at least the Chelsea shirts have a nice blue color and not that ugly red one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.