Should We Prioritise?

If City are in the FA Cup final AND the Champions League final, I'm pretty sure I won't give much of a fuck about whether it's good preparation or not, nor worrying about the injury risk!

It's the injury risk to my liver that I'll be worrying about!

How is this even a thread? There should be no rotation from this point onwards. Best available 11 for every game, if someone gets injured or fatigued, so be it. But to purposely not pick our best players at this point would be lunacy. The squad has got us to this point, the first 11 is what wins us the trophies!

If I played the game and said we should prioritise, the top priority should be the FA cup because it's most winnable. The least important would be the UCL.

We won’t have to prioritise ... what if that one game (semi final) someone drops a bollock ... like Delph getting a red card or giving away a penalty or Mahrez missing a penalty etc. then what?

One. Game. At. A. Time!

And we’re winning it all ;)
I have to give the honourable mention to one Stuart Pearce
Rested plenty before an FA Cup QF - I don't remember that working out so well for us (although that's comparing apples to .... well anything in this case)

If we started prioritising 1 or 2 trophies at the expense of the others from here then even if it was successful, we'd always be looking back and wondering 'what if?' Also, if we wanted to treat trophies less importantly the right time to do it was about 15 games ago.

Best thing to do now is keep our momentum up.

Don’t priorotise, just rotate.

Fernandinho and de Bruyne are to come back. We’ve not missed them too much because of the quality we’ve got in replacement so just keep rotating.

This is why we’ve got the squad we’ve got.

Game management to rest players. We don’t need to keep racking up the goal difference, we just need to keep winning. If we are 3-0 up on 60 minutes make two subs and a third sub on 80 minutes.

I saw a stat the other day showing the top four or five scoring teams in the last 15 minutes - City weren't even in the list!

Most goals in the PL are scored in the second half, and Liverpool have 10 more in the second half, than in the first half. City on the other hand are one of the few clubs ahead on first half goals.

To me, that suggests that our players have already been able to take it easy towards the end of games.

Well I for one do not trust Mahrez.

Understandable sentiment but he has produced the key moments in numerous games this season so he might be the key versus Brighton in the semi or another game or two. We will utilise the entire squad over this closing period, I’m sure of that.

IF we get to the CL final then getting to the FA cup final is huge, it keeps things ticking over and a two week break is good, three weeks could bring in rustiness.

Mega exciting times, on thing is guaranteed, Pep has a massive drive to achieve the almost impossible, and who’d bet against him? Not me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.