Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading that report it mentions the fatal words "Barcelona", that worries me, not for Martinez but for Yaya. At what stage will they allow us to have a free talk with Javi and pull out? when we've agreed with a handshake for a future Yaya deal? Hope we stand strong and tell the fuckers to do one!!

Petetheblu said:
Reading that report it mentions the fatal words "Barcelona", that worries me, not for Martinez but for Yaya. At what stage will they allow us to have a free talk with Javi and pull out? when we've agreed with a handshake for a future Yaya deal? Hope we stand strong and tell the fuckers to do one!!

There's no logical reason at all Barca would want Yaya back. Their midfield has only become more congested since Yaya was frozen out for Busquets, and Yaya is two years older now.

southern muppet said:
Petetheblu said:

There's no logical reason at all Barca would want Yaya back. Their midfield has only become more congested since Yaya was frozen out for Busquets, and Yaya is two years older now.

I heard that Yaya was thought to be second best at the time we bought him, doubt they think that now.

Although I do agree that perhaps they may consider him to old now to do a future deal, but he is class and I'd hate to lose him......to a one player team ;)

sign martinez before the euros and we can all relax knowing we have signed a top class player. because this is so boring haha, all this constant speculation and nothing happening at all. and yes i am impatient.

mind you, i cant see us signing anyone before the euros:(

mancityscot said:
sign martinez before the euros and we can all relax knowing we have signed a top class player. because this is so boring haha, all this constant speculation and nothing happening at all. and yes i am impatient.

mind you, i cant see us signing anyone before the euros:(

We signed David Silva during the World Cup so anything is possible.

With Barcelone's current squad and style of play, I think Sergio Busquets is much more suited to them than Yaya Touré and I don't think they regret that decision. Of course, Touré has been really here but I don't think he would have done the great things Busquets has done in the past few seasons in Spain, so no worries about them wanting to sign Touré back: if they want someone to rest Busquets, they have Chelsea's Romeu and their own la Masia young players. And let's not forget about Mascherano who also is one of the better DM in the world.

In that perspective, only way I can see them signing Martinez is because they want someone polyvalent who can also play the defensive role like Mascherano, but that would be in the case they don't get someone they really want, ie Thiago Silva for example.

HalaSilva said:
With Barcelone's current squad and style of play, I think Sergio Busquets is much more suited to them than Yaya Touré and I don't think they regret that decision. Of course, Touré has been really here but I don't think he would have done the great things Busquets has done in the past few seasons in Spain, so no worries about them wanting to sign Touré back: if they want someone to rest Busquets, they have Chelsea's Romeu and their own la Masia young players. And let's not forget about Mascherano who also is one of the better DM in the world.

In that perspective, only way I can see them signing Martinez is because they want someone polyvalent who can also play the defensive role like Mascherano, but that would be in the case they don't get someone they really want, ie Thiago Silva for example.

I suspect however buying Fabregas - his impact has hardly been all conquering and they do need more of a prescence in midfield - i think Yaya would be perfect if they were to change there stlye of play a little - cant see it though

dctid said:
HalaSilva said:

I suspect however buying Fabregas - his impact has hardly been all conquering and they do need more of a prescence in midfield - i think Yaya would be perfect if they were to change there stlye of play a little - cant see it though

is it just me who feels barca didnt really need fabregas? and that it was more of a sentimental transfer, that they just felt they had to bring him back home to where he was before he left for arsenal. he doesnt start every game and really only plays if xavi or iniesta are injured, plus he has quit a poor injury recod himself. with villa and pedro tocoming back fighting fit next season its going to be tough for him to assert himself in that team.

sorry for going offtopic

Continuing off-topic :-). I think Fabregas is being lined up as a Xavi replacement and Barca are happy to ease him in gently and give him lots of time with the squad to pick up on how they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.