Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent said:
Martinez IS NOT another Yaya and IS NOT a centre mid.

He has played prominently all season long as a centre back and has said himself this is where he sees himself developing.

Where the hell have people got this crazy idea he is the "new Yaya" ?

He excels at centre back and is very average centre mid.

Well it's all about opinions, and in my opinion, he's the best young centre mid in world football today.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ehHhdCMdm1g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hHhdCMdm1g</a>

Well he is going to be one hell of a defender.

hgblue said:
Vincent said:
Martinez IS NOT another Yaya and IS NOT a centre mid.

He has played prominently all season long as a centre back and has said himself this is where he sees himself developing.

Where the hell have people got this crazy idea he is the "new Yaya" ?

He excels at centre back and is very average centre mid.

Well it's all about opinions, and in my opinion, he's the best young centre mid in world football today.
Based on what considering he has only started the odd game there all season long ?

He has said himself he prefers to play as a centre back and this is the position he sees himself developing.

hgblue said:

An opinion I share, and in few years he could be one of the best midfielder's period.

Rammyblues said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ehHhdCMdm1g

Well he is going to be one hell of a defender.

Forget bale, we can play him defence, midfield and left attacker ;)

Martinez is an excellent central midfield player and has spent most of his career there; the fact that he is talented enough to be a top class CB does not change that.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
117 M34 said:
If he does sign, could we play 3 at the back?

Hart
Martinez Kompany Lescott
Richards Clichy
Barry
Nasri Yaya Silva

Aguero

Might work better with zabba and kolarov

Neither Kompany or Martinez can play well the left side of central defensive partnership.

Has to be a midfielder for me.
Wrong! either he or Kompany can play the left side fine. There is a no unique qualities other than been left footed, that makes you superior on the left side. And since Lescott is not much of a playing defender, either will be infinitely better on the ball on the left. Not to mention Martinez does play on the left side of CD often. So this is a stale argument.

daxman said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
117 M34 said:
If he does sign, could we play 3 at the back?

Hart
Martinez Kompany Lescott
Richards Clichy
Barry
Nasri Yaya Silva

Aguero

Might work better with zabba and kolarov

Neither Kompany or Martinez can play well the left side of central defensive partnership.
Has to be a midfielder for me.

Wrong! either he or Kompany can play the left side fine. There is a no unique qualities other than been left footed, that makes you superior on the left side. And since Lescott is not much of a playing defender, either will be infinitely better on the ball on the left. Not to mention Martinez does play on the left side of CD often. So this is a stale argument.

You're entitled to your opinion but in mine, you're mistaken. Midfielder all day long for me.

Rammyblues said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sk01nHYnFI&feature=related

Well IMO more Yaya than CB. :-)
Yes, he is skilled. But he is still a CB. And that will be his end result most likely.

If we want a young Central Midfield maestro: Strootman, M'vila, Witsel, Felliani are the guys we should be eyeing. These are guys who actually played in midfield lastg year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.