Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joehannes said:
Matt the Giant said:
Daz_Blue said:
Yes holding midfielder in front of Kompany and Lescott, allows Yaya to get further forward ....

That his best position. He's got all the defensive qualities of Nigel and Barry (except he doesn't give away as many freekicks or get as many bookings); he's got the passing and positioning of Yaya and the engine of a Milner on steroids. And he's a good header.
He'll be very good in the central defence when called for, but he'll be monumental, a real giant of a player in the midfield.

With him we'll have on of the three nest midfield's in the world of football. We cold play a defensive set-up of, with one defensive midfielder:
------------------- Javi ------------------
------- Yaya ---------------- Barry ----

(it'll take a lot to break through that line of defence for sure)

and a more attacking version, with two central midfielders:

---------- Yaya ------------ Javi--------
------------------ Nasri -----------------

I like the way you think!

Good! :)
I'd love to see Samir get a run of games playing as a central attacking midfielder. I think he would great at that position, moving the ball up the pitch, spreading passes to players in front of him.

I'm certain he'd be used as a midfielder. Obviously he's good in both positions but as someone as mentioned he only started playing centre back last season cos of injuries. If we really wanted a centre back I'm sure we'd buy someone like thiago silva and not one that has played centre back for 1 season at the top level.

martinez is a central midfielder who played cb due to injuries and ended up playing well and enjoying it there however if WE were to sign him he would 99% be used as a central midfielder.

Kompany played CDM cause we had so many injuries, martinez is a midfielder playing centre back for the same reason, he has done well there but im not sure its his best position, for me i see him as a long term replacement for barry, I could be wrong but cant see mancini breaking up a very successful defensive partnership or martinez coming to be a back up.

If memory is correct he was signed by MH as a defensive midfield player it was Mancini who converted him to being a centre back.

IMO Martinez is a left footed version of Yaya, (from what I have seen on Youtube) - I ain't no expert, but for me I could see both him and Yaya alternating runs if one goes forward the other holds. Another defensive player IMO would still be needed to keep Yaya up top either NDJ or Barry.

Yaya Martinez

Nasri Silva Bale

Aguero

Changing to

Martinez Barry/NDJ

Silva Yaya Bale
Aguero

Would love us to sign him. 2 years ago my dream signing was Silva and last year it was Aguero, this year its Javi Martinez. We really need a commanding central midfielder who can do everything.
Yaya is very good when in the mood but when he plays as a cm Barry or whoever plays alongside of him is forced to do 2 players work at times because Yaya has legged it up the pitch and cant get back to do his job. Not a dig at Yaya at all but would like us to get a younger, quicker, smarter and overall better version of Barry to take over from him.
Barry still has a big part to play in us winning more trophies but at times last season he was knackered and we had no like for like replacement and thats why Roberto brought in Pizarro to fill the void now and then.
Bilbao wont let him go easily as they dont need the money so i hope we can get in their good books and strike up a good relationship to help us get their star player.

dachoosen1 said:
Kompany played CDM cause we had so many injuries, martinez is a midfielder playing centre back for the same reason, he has done well there but im not sure its his best position, for me i see him as a long term replacement for barry, I could be wrong but cant see mancini breaking up a very successful defensive partnership or martinez coming to be a back up.

This. Barry is seen as one of our key players by Mancini, but he's 32 next year. Martinez will be able to come in and do a similar job of breaking up the play but with also having the advantage of a good passing range. A central midfield pairing of Martinez and Yaya would be unbelievable.

David Silva said:
dachoosen1 said:

This. Barry is seen as one of our key players by Mancini, but he's 32 next year. Martinez will be able to come in and do a similar job of breaking up the play but with also having the advantage of a good passing range. A central midfield pairing of Martinez and Yaya would be unbelievable.

This. Yaya and Martinez behind Nasri Silva Tevez. Looks very good indeed. If Tevez leaves then Bale.

- - - - - - - - - - Hart - - - - - - - - - -
Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
- - - - - - Javi Martinez - Barry - - - - -
- - - - Silva - - - Yaya - - - Bale - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - Aguero - - - - - - - - - -

Yes, boys, that is a Manchester City line-up that might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.