Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobwebcat said:
Forget him and concentrate on Chellini and Bale

After the season Juve just had? Winning the league unbeaten and nearly winning the double, surely their players will be chomping at the bit to play in the CL and prove they're REALLY back at the top table.

I think Bale is actually more gettable than him. We'd have to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Levy but it could be done.

To be honest, Martinez latest comments are exactly what I would expect him to say. He ain't gonna burn hsi bridges with Bilbao by forcing a move. He'll say the right things and hope the big guns aren't put off.

Our real problem with this deal is Barca. We've already gone toe to toe with them last year and lost. This transfer could be another drawn out affair in which we end up with nothing again........

Its marvellous how Talksport has inside access to an interview with Javi Martinez when no Spanish newspaper or any other source has access. Surely it can't be made up for the benefit of improving the ratings of Talksport...how could I be so cynical...

southern muppet said:
Bielsa just signed a new contract with Bilbao. They won't want to sell anyone. This will be a very tough one to pull off, even if he wanted to leave and Bilbao relented to sell, I strongly suspect Barca and possibly Real too would be ahead of us in the queue. Certainly Barca.

They don't have a choice if we meet his release clause. Get it done City. This one is worth it.

wahooblue said:
southern muppet said:
Bielsa just signed a new contract with Bilbao. They won't want to sell anyone. This will be a very tough one to pull off, even if he wanted to leave and Bilbao relented to sell, I strongly suspect Barca and possibly Real too would be ahead of us in the queue. Certainly Barca.

They don't have a choice if we meet his release clause. Get it done City. This one is worth it.

Whos saying Martinez will join us? Barca supposedly have no money but for the past 2 years they havent yet they still signed the likes of Fabregas and Sanchez. If we met the release clause then so will Barca because they want him to take over from Xavi. I really hope we sign him but even if we can agree terms with Bilbao then i just dont see him coming. Yes we managed to get Silva and Aguero but this one is different with him being a Basque and being very loyal to the club.

wahooblue said:
southern muppet said:

the player isn't a slave, if he doesn't want to come he won't.

Andouble said:
wahooblue said:
southern muppet said:

the player isn't a slave, if he doesn't want to come he won't.

I was responding to the point made that Bilbao won't want to sell. What I said is a fact. I never said he wanted to come here. But...if we meet he release clause, we can ask him...

niall_mcfc said:
wahooblue said:
southern muppet said:

Whos saying Martinez will join us? Barca supposedly have no money but for the past 2 years they havent yet they still signed the likes of Fabregas and Sanchez. If we met the release clause then so will Barca because they want him to take over from Xavi. I really hope we sign him but even if we can agree terms with Bilbao then i just dont see him coming. Yes we managed to get Silva and Aguero but this one is different with him being a Basque and being very loyal to the club.
Nope! Fabregas is the the future replacement of Xavi. Martinez is nothing like Xavi. If Barca wants him, it is to replace Puyol at Centerback. Most of last season they had to use Masherano at CD (who by the way, they seem to have converted to a fulltime CD), but even with that, they still didn't have enough CDs as Pique and Puyol were often injured. So they just like us, need a 3 or 4 CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.