Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
roation of centre backs?

madness_7.jpg

cvetan said:
Don't think he'd do too well as a CB in the EPL

Not right away, absolutely no chance imo, but he does have the physique & ability to learn from Vinny & JL.

He could play a bit in def midfield & the odd League Cup game against lower standard teams at CB to see how he copes.

Vinny was nowhere near it as a PL CB when he first arrived & got bitched at corners etc but learned how to cope with it just through being around the team & being a big fucker.

Going to Olympics, signs within a week or we might have to wait till after it finishes. Paying his release clause of 42m euros or whatever if we do he won't be playing bit parts in cup competitions he will be in main squad whether CL or prem IMO.

CL Play as a defender
Prem League - defensive midfield

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2012/07/04/3219638/sammer-admits-bayern-will-not-spend-unreasonably-on-javi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... ly-on-javi</a>

Bayern showing their hand.... lets hope we're doing something...

2nd July 2012

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes

@Anchorfan City have got a good chance of getting Javi Martinez unless he opts to stay in Spain. RVP to City could be one of the big deals

I asked him if this was just his opinion or if he had been told something.

He replied:

@janneradger of course I've been told! :) wouldn't say it otherwise. First wrote it back in April.They've a good chance but Bilbao want £28m

cyclops said:
2nd July 2012

@Anchorfan City have got a good chance of getting Javi Martinez unless he opts to stay in Spain. RVP to City could be one of the big deals

He replied:

@janneradger of course I've been told! :) wouldn't say it otherwise. First wrote it back in April.They've a good chance but Bilbao want £28m

If what he's sayings true, I think I'd be more than happy, and hopefully this silence at mo is is because deals are taking shape.

bojinov29 said:
cyclops said:
2nd July 2012

He replied:

If what he's sayings true, I think I'd be more than happy, and hopefully this silence at mo is is because deals are taking shape.

consider my fingers firmly crossed

cyclops said:
2nd July 2012

He replied:

twitter news = bollocks

Said it at the very beginning of this t-window: if we only sign ONE player and that is Javi Martinez, then that's enough to call the window a fantastic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.