Sign martinez now

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fat el Hombre said:
unexpected item said:
I'm working at the Newcastle Uni training centre where the football teams are training and Spain are here for the next couple of days. It's my day off today, but if (and it's a big if) I get chance tomorrow, I'll ask Martinez if he's coming to us.

Can't wait for this. He's sure to give an honest and direct answer

I was hoping to read his body language, smart arse ;-)

El Mundo Deportivo are saying this morning that Barcelona are about to give up on Martinez as Athletic will noit negotiate on the €40m buyout clause

unexpected item said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
unexpected item said:
I'm working at the Newcastle Uni training centre where the football teams are training and Spain are here for the next couple of days. It's my day off today, but if (and it's a big if) I get chance tomorrow, I'll ask Martinez if he's coming to us.

Haha I was only joking mate. Did you manage to see him?

The Fat el Hombre said:
unexpected item said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Haha I was only joking mate. Did you manage to see him?

Saw him but couldn't get close as they had a closed training session.

The Brazil squad were in yesterday who were really friendly, watched them training and some of the lads and lasses got photos with them. They are in later in the week so I might ask Neymar the same question, or maybe ask if he wants to swap his shirt for my bright, lime green, G4S one lol

Ropey pic taken from other end of the pitch

5284d807-12f2-6815.jpg

kompany10 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
BlueAnorak said:
Agreed, but consider how he played against Rooney and the Rags in the Europa.That was world class!

True. Lack of pace is my biggest concern about him though, and whilst he's got all the comfortableness in possession we always associate with Spanish players, I wonder if he's robust enough for centre half on a regular basis. He looked like he couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding today!

hes quicker than barry thats for certain, imo his best position is centre mid, maybe centre back in la liga but over here he would be more suited to central midfield and as cover for centre back.

My sideboard is quicker than Barry............................

ANY1aBLUE said:
kompany10 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
True. Lack of pace is my biggest concern about him though, and whilst he's got all the comfortableness in possession we always associate with Spanish players, I wonder if he's robust enough for centre half on a regular basis. He looked like he couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding today!

hes quicker than barry thats for certain, imo his best position is centre mid, maybe centre back in la liga but over here he would be more suited to central midfield and as cover for centre back.

My sideboard is quicker than Barry............................

it's probably a bit quicker than your brain as well

Surely this is the man for us, not De Rossi
I expect us to pull out all the stops
He is the future
Bayern and Barca want but can't fund it
Time to strike

KennyG said:
He is the future
Time to strike

It depends on Mancini's view to be honest - from a longevity perspective Martinez offers more - he has yet to reach is peak and is highly rated by many of the top clubs in Europe but as many have pointed out he is not the finished article

De Rossi is at the top of his game Euro 12 demonstrated that and is a player whom could make an instant contribution

I guess it depends upon Mancini view do we buy for the here and now or do we looka little longer term

If we could only buy one i think i would buy a De Rossie and see how Razak comes along because having seen him this pre season for a 20 year old kid he looks quality and one whom could make a big impact to the club

dctid said:
KennyG said:
He is the future
Time to strike

It depends on Mancini's view to be honest - from a longevity perspective Martinez offers more - he has yet to reach is peak and is highly rated by many of the top clubs in Europe but as many have pointed out he is not the finished article

De Rossi is at the top of his game Euro 12 demonstrated that and is a player whom could make an instant contribution

I guess it depends upon Mancini view do we buy for the here and now or do we looka little longer term

If we could only buy one i think i would buy a De Rossie and see how Razak comes along because having seen him this pre season for a 20 year old kid he looks quality and one whom could make a big impact to the club

Daniele, providing he stays free from serious injury, still has three years minimum left in him at the very highest level considering the position he plays in. It's okay if he looses some of his pace over the forthcoming years, he'll still be a fantastic defensive midfielder.

So what if we can't get back anything close to the buy-fee once we let him go, if his presence here means we continue to stay close to, or winning the title in the PL and CL.

I can't think of one reason not to label him as fantastic world-class bomb-dropping mega-signing.
And I don't think it's measurable just what a positive impact he would have on Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.